Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / import multitextured models into fpsc...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi to all

I have a problem..
I mamaged to use some models I bought form some sites on fpsc but when I use them textured cannot be correclty displaied.. I know that this isssue is probably due models are multitextured and fpsc dont works correctly with them but I found a discussion about using and creating multitextured models in skectup form scrach and I want to know if this method can be used with pretexturized models too

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130901&b=24

I dont use sketcup..but tried to import my model as collade file (.dae) and textured (jpg..or sketchup use others format??).

models is imported but textured are not displayed so I assume I'm wrong something

another tutorial how this can be done from scrach and al works fine with lightning too..

http://www.making-videogames.net/giochi/thread-Video-Tutorial-al-Multitexture-Google-SketchUp?pid=70975#pid70975

can someone explain me if this is possible??

models works fine into reloaded, uninty and Unreal engine 4 ..tested all by me..
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 20:38
Hi JC LEON
On page 226 of the Official Comm. Guide it explains how to
import and setup a multi-textured model. They use "Skecthup" in
the guide, but the process is the same for any software you might use. Basically the model has to be dynamic and in the .fpe file
the texture path is left blank.

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
yes ..I know that but I need the model to be static since dynamic models dont have per polygon collision and light doesnt work on them....

I need to use multitextur for static model...

thanks to you however...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 15:52
As far as I know, multiple textures on a static model are not possible. You will need to UV it to a single texture map.
If it is possible hopefully someone will come forward and
tell you how.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks...I tried to use uv but I had a great quality loss for my models.. maybe someone can teach me how I must do to uv better and which software I must to use...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 19:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 19:31:22