Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Nomad Mod (Dynamic Lighting) Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 19:34 Edited at: 4th Jan 2015 19:38
Nomad Soul
Just wanted to say the new shader's are working out great
Taking everything to a new level. Great work, thanks.

http://s6.postimg.org/n017j90b5/snapshot16.jpg
http://s6.postimg.org/fvjea7t1t/snapshot17.jpg
http://s6.postimg.org/4hwuz0ij5/snapshot18.jpg

All the textures, skins...ect look some much better.
Great work, thanks!
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2015 23:57
@MK83
Glad to hear everything is working now and hope you enjoy the mod.

@Pirate Myke
Sure. Let me know how things are going and if there is anything I can help you with. I'm very excited about your project.

@ASTECH
Thanks for trying the mod and glad you liked it. I only have 2 PC's to test with and they are opposite ends of the spectrum. One has a modern graphics card and the v1.3 demo level now runs at a consistent 60fps when using S4Mod Zeta. The other has integrated graphics and the performance is about 20fps but I've not yet seen a modern game which performs any better on there.

@ncmako
Thanks for the feedback and I'm really glad you like the latest version. Nice screenshots and that ceiling monster looks awesome. I love to see what people are doing with the mod so keep them coming.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2015 07:03
@Nomad Soul: Are there difference in the way collision for game builds are the in test game?

It seems in test game when I am in a 6 to 7 ft wide space, that the player seems to pass thru these spaces no problem.

But in Game build mode there is some sliding going on in the same places, and it looks as if the camshake is activated, I tripled check my scripts and have not use the camshake action in them.

Does not exhibit this in test game.

Of course this is all custom media, but the space object are dynamic and using box collision and are 7 feet apart for 40 feet length, consisting of 8 of these objects.

I will make some vid captures of this.

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 14:02
@nomad Soul: There is a link to the demo of the level I am talking about with this issue in your PM. Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 15:25
This mod is cool but I can't use it due to my levels using too much memory. If only it had a light-mapper similar to Zeta then I might consider it.

Intel Core i5 3570, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 770 2048MB, 16GB RAM, H77M-PRO , Windows 8 x64
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 00:11
@Pirate Myke
I tried your demo and I can see what you mean about the sliding and shaking around the tridents at the beginning. However the collision seemed to be fine around the edges of the clocks so I would try using a similar approach in the other areas. I don't believe there is any difference in how collision works between test and built games but generally I would not recommend using dynamic entities where the player needs to have solid collision and try to make these parts static or use transparent segment walls as a barrier.

I must say the demo is awesome. Its very atmospheric and the environment and monster designs are easily some of the best I've seen in FPSC. This is a very professional project and now I want to play even more!

@4125
The great thing about this mod is being fully compatible with S4Mod Zeta so you get the best of both worlds i.e. 0 memory lightmapper and unified dynamic lighting plus all the other features of both mods like dual wielding and post process effects. Once you've installed Zeta just install Nomad Mod afterwards and your set.

You can download the Nomad Mod playable demo with Zeta integration here. Just extract and open the launcher then select the 2nd demo.
http://dabalisticsoftware.com/files/NomadModLauncher.zip

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 13:55
@Nomad Soul: Thanks for checking this out for me. There is are invisible blockers around the stages, Will try the same below on the ground level.

Quote: "I must say the demo is awesome. Its very atmospheric and the environment and monster designs are easily some of the best I've seen in FPSC. This is a very professional project and now I want to play even more!"

Thanks, that what we like to hear. So many things we wanted to try to pull this off. This was the best option. I think just a little more tweaking and it will be complete.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 03:24
Quote: "The great thing about this mod is being fully compatible with S4Mod Zeta so you get the best of both worlds i.e. 0 memory lightmapper and unified dynamic lighting plus all the other features of both mods like dual wielding and post process effects. Once you've installed Zeta just install Nomad Mod afterwards and your set."

But...Zeta isn't available anymore. That's what I meant by be perhaps considering it if it uses the 0 lightmapper like Zeta. I never managed to buy it in time.

Intel Core i5 3570, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 770 2048MB, 16GB RAM, H77M-PRO , Windows 8 x64
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 16:15
Hey Nomad Soul, if you think of making an update anytime soon I have a suggestion for you. Most of us have seen that when any of the weapon shaders are used for a weapon, the shader maps are extracted from the gun_x files and are applied to all of the mesh groups. If possible could modify the shader that I emailed you and coz's weapon shader (if possible) to use shadermaps as assigned to individual mesh groups of the models? This would save a lot of manpower to not fiddle with fragMOTION or MilkShape to create a shared texture format for all of the mesh groups.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 01:49
@4125
Perhaps you could try sending s4real a private message on the FPSC classic / reloaded forum and ask if you can still buy a license for S4mod Zeta.

@Mriganka
That's a good idea. I'll try and have a look into this when I get time. There are some other features I would like to get into Nomad Mod but a lot going on at the moment so it might be a while until the next update.

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 11:55
Okay. And if you have any knowhow on the topic, how do we make the camera effect like in FPS games where the player camera shifts up like the recoil of a gun when hit?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 01:43 Edited at: 14th Feb 2015 01:45
@Mriganka
There is a script included in Nomad Mod called health.fpi. If you assign this to a triggerzone it adds a camera effect to the player which is very subtle at first but becomes severe when your health gets low.

When your health is low it also activates the damage effect shader which blurs your vision in addition to the camera swaying around. This is very disorientating and you basically need to either find some health packs quickly or find somewhere to hide and regenerate by using the healthregen.fpi script also included in the mod.

I don't believe there is a condition which specifically allows you to check if the player has been hit so this is done by checking what the players health is and using actions based on the amount of health. If there is a script condition which checks if the player has been hit I will try to implement this.

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 10:52
Hey! Nomad, can you tell which values to tweak in the bond1 ps3 derivative of your segment shader? I want to make it more specular. Same for the entity shader.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this a mod? Or a shader pack? Did you actually add something to the source code? The video just looks like a nice combination of shaders and techniques that are already in vanilla... Mind explaining?
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 19:27 Edited at: 20th Mar 2015 19:29
Quote: "Is this a mod? Or a shader pack? Did you actually add something to the source code? The video just looks like a nice combination of shaders and techniques that are already in vanilla... Mind explaining?"

The following features don't seem to be shaders, so it's definitely more than a shader pack.
Quote: "
HUD Damage / Health System
Fully Working Flashlights
Support for Dual Wielding"

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
The flashlight in hte video just seems a nice wipped up model with Errant Ai's technique.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 02:00
@Mriganka
This is the part of the segment and entity shaders to change for specular power. Increase the value at the bottom.

@DarkJames
The main purpose of this mod was to allow unified dynamic lighting to work across all surfaces and objects with support for bump, specular and illumination maps. I've added a lot more since then and here is a full list of the updates:

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 03:51
I think it is a good modification of the shaders. Because all of the shaders used here don't support dynamic lightning from my experience. It becomes easy for us foreigners to DarkShader to get quality without that much of work being done.

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2015 19:48
Hey Nomad, how do you stimulate the segments to actually display the bumps and specular as in the shadermaps? There is a mention in the static entity shader about the specular map being in the alpha channel of the normal map. It works for me even if the normal and the specular are seperate. But I am not being able to figure the segment shader out. I want the static entity effect on the segments. Also the looks get messed up when I switch the shaders. Any help would be awesome. Also I am using 1.20.018.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 23:58 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 00:00
@Mriganka
For the segment shader you need to have 2 textures for the normal and specular maps. The normal map texture should be _N and does not require and alpha channel. The specular map should be _I and also does not require an alpha.

For the static entity shader you use the alpha channel of the normal map texture for the specular map. In the shader template from Bond1 you also include a copy of the final normal map texture and use the _I extension as I believe FPSC requires this.

Segment shader tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYV8aQ-hHJI
Entity shader tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC15pr5bhi0
Specular map tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gqp4bNJ52M

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 08:30
Okay. The problem was that it was 1.20.018. I tuned down to beta 17 and bond1 stated that the alpha channelling was caused because of an oddity with FPSC. Perhaps they corrected it in the 17th beta of 1.20, because it works even if the normal and specular maps are seperately saved with N and I as the suffix. I was able to do the static geometry but it is the dynamic things that are messing with me. No matter what shadermap I make I get black characters and improperly lit dynamic entities. Any insight how I might get them to work? It would be extremely helpfull.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 00:36
@Mriganka
The dynamic entity shader works the same as the segment shader i.e. you have a separate _N and _I for normal map and specular map.

The character shader is slightly more complex and uses the alpha channel of the diffuse texture for transparency. It then uses a separate texture for the normal map (N), specular map (S) and illumination map (I). There should be 5 textures in total (D2,D,N,S,I).

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2015 05:05
Hey Nomad! If you are still working on this mod and have some spare time, could you add dynamic lightning to the stock segment shaders and static entity shaders in the ps_2_0 folder? I'm asking it because I find their shading more realistic and also becaure I don't own DarkShader, althoug I did my fair share of experiments without it.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2015 02:27
@Mriganka
I'm not actively working on an update at the moment but I have a list of things I would like to add when I find some more time. All of the core shaders I wanted to include are there now so you get proper dynamic lighting for any type of FPSC model.

However I've attached the updated ps_2_0 shaders you asked for so they now support dynamic lights. Just replace the stock ones with the attached ones.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gamebro1337
Years of Service
User Offline
With the headshots, does it blow the head off or keep it on? Thanks.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 00:46
@gamebro1337
It just gives an instant kill for headshots if you apply that script to the AI properties. There is an example AI in the mod setup for this so you can check it out.

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2015 06:33
Thanks man! They work great!

gamebro1337
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Nomad! Although I really wish the was a more gory feature. I'm making a horror game well revamping the game with this mod and it would be great to have a script where you can blow off the head! If that isnt doable that's fine I can work around it! Beautiful mod by the way!
gamebro1337
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know how to get the flashlight and dual wield working?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2015 16:54
@gamebro1337
Quote: "script where you can blow off the head"

The easiest way I found is call for "alttexture=1" in the destroy script.(a duplicate texture with the head missing/erased). Then add "bloodspurt=2" for a blood spurt from head area.
As for the "duel wield" did you add "candual=1" to the weapons
gunspec? If you open Nomad-Mod flashlight weapon you'll see it
already added to the gunspec.
best

Lots and lots of random features...
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 18:29
Hello all,

Earlier this week I installed the recommended beta version of FPSC and then this mod. The problem is when I set everything to the best quality, all the segments and the static entities become invisible. (I had this issue before the mod was installed.)

I thought that maybe my video card was the problem, so I installed a GeForce 9400GT (1GB DDR2). But the problem persists. I used the FPSC cleaner and on occasion, if I build a simple map, everything would start showing up.

However, when I try the supplied sample map, the segments and the static entities go invisible again.

I am using Windows 7 SP1, any suggestions in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2015 01:37
@Tectonic
Hi there. Please try opening the provided example map 'nomadmod.fpm' then add a standard room segment (from the ww2/scifi library) somewhere in the level and test game. This should ensure the lightmap is rebuilt and everything is rendered properly.

You should be able to delete the standard room segment after this without any problems. If this doesn't work please try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2015 05:27 Edited at: 10th Jun 2015 07:03
@Nomad Soul
Wow! Thanks for the awesomely fast response. I got everything to work, great Mod. I have set up a dedicated machine to running this mod, Windows 7 has been updating this system over the last 2 days. Over 200 updates.

The Mod started to work with the extra room segments as you recommended - this was the KEY.

Thanks a million again, looking forward to using this in my next project!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 00:52 Edited at: 12th Jun 2015 00:54
@Tectonic
I'm very please you got the mod working and hope you enjoy using it. Please upload any screenshots as I'm always interested to see what people can get out of this.

Nomad Mod v1.3.5 is now available to download.
Not a very big update (hence the point release) but should be useful for anyone using water and thanks to Mriganka for suggesting to update the standard FPSC shaders with dynamic lights which are also now included.

New Features / Updates:
- Replaced water shader with a better version
- Standard FPSC shaders now support dynamic lights

Here is a comparison of the standard water shader compared with the new one. It might be difficult to see in the screenshot but the wave effect is really nice in game:

*Don't forget to run 'FPSCreatorCleaner.exe' from the root directory after installing v1.3.5 to ensure all the files are updated correctly.

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 03:25
I pulled this out of Nomad Mod.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 23:42
@Mriganka
Very nice pic with lots of detail and the textures are well put together. I hope to see more of this project and let me know if you need any help.

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 01:25
@Mriganka

Very nice work, a very high level of detail. Just as good as something that you would expect from Guru.

@Nomad Soul

Just loving this Mod with the new updates.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2015 07:44
Thanks @Nomad and @Tectonic!

This is just an example of combination of various things which, if not played, won't make any sense (how often do you see a sofa, tv, a radio, a sink and a mattress with a few beers and bean cans in a small garage cum warehouse? lol).

I'm planning more of a 5 level modernday setting with elements of scifi aliens and zombies (think Half Life) with some shootouts with a story which is more then an escuse to play the game.

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 03:26
Thanks Guys.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 19:13
Nomad Soul
Thank you again for doing all of this Has opened a lot of
new ideas. Just working on a "hand torch", and works fairly
well (using Bonds animated shader) Here's a quick rough video...

It's still very rough, for my question, is there anyway to add
"flicker" to the muzzle flash? (firerate or fireloop maybe?)
Thanks, best

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2015 19:48
@ncmako

This shows some promise, continue refining it.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2015 17:19
Just an opinion though. You could probably do some research on the texture transparency being accounted for the static geometry shaders @Nomad Soul

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2015 18:54
@Mriganka
Yes I know what you mean. The static shape is killing the effect.
I've got a new "flame" texture down beautiful, but the geometry
is just awful

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2015 17:35
Yeah man! You got a gantry with places of transparency and the static shader makes the transperancies black even at full light mapping just damn kills it!

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2015 18:24
@Nomad Soul

I recently downloaded the Wasp Mod by s4real. He indicated that the flashlight in Nomad Mod will stop working if this mod is used. Can you share your thoughts on using Wasp with Nomad Mod.

Wanted to get your valued opinion since I know that you recommended Zeta (which have not been able to acquire as yet.)

Thanks in advance.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2015 03:21 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2015 03:23
@ncmako
Your welcome and the hand torch is looking great so far. The fireloop command is associated with the weapon sound looping but you can create a light flicker effect by increasing the firerate value in the weapon gunspec. I tried this with the flashlight and firerate=4 seemed ok. If you can send me an email with your files I will take a look at the transparency issue for you.

@Mriganka
I'll take a look at the transparency for you. Please let me know which model and shader you are using.

@Tectonic
I would highly recommend getting in touch with s4real and asking for a zeta mod license. Nomad mod has been designed to take advantage of dual wielding (when using the nomadmodzeta map) and you get lots of other cool things. He started a new thread for his products so you can ask him there.

Nomad mod works well on any version of FPSC or mod using v1.18 or above. I think WASP mod is using v1.18 or v1.19 so you should be ok with that but there might be a couple of features which are only available in the most recent versions.

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2015 04:00
@Nomad Soul

thanks for the advice, I will continue trying to get the Zeta Mod license.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2015 22:09
Nomad Soul
Ok, sent files to your yahoo email. I'm using Bond1's animated
shader 4x4-15fps. The shader I added to the files has the contrast
adjusted a little higher to bring out the flames some.
thanks
best

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2015 18:08
I'm getting the black instead of transparency thing on using your segment shader. Like in fence segments. Same goes for the static entity shader. And maybe the dynamic entity shader works well with transparencies altho I haven't tested it.

Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2015 07:41
I'm working on a WWII game with Nomad Mod. Demos are available as well as many screenshots. In case anyone wants to see what this little ol' mod is capable of: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213171&b=25

Many thanks to Nomad Soul. I really dig some of your shaders and effects. They're a welcome addition to my game

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 10:14:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 10:14:04