Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / question for tgc about using darkmatter 1 with agk

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 03:40 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 05:44
it looks like i can reassemble all the dark mater 1 models for use with agk using my 3d animation plugin (basic code functions).

am i allowed to reassemble the dark matter 1 collection and use it royalty free with agk using my own animated file format for my own projects?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 05:21 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 05:43
fyi...here is the raptor from darkmatter 1 loaded and fully rigged for use with agk ready to make animations with

i dont know if i got the limbs exactly perfect but looks good to me

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 07:01
and i loaded the swat guy perfectly and rigged him, ready to animate.

I hope i can use this pack!

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 09:20
You should probably contact them directly through support via thegamecreators.com
Looks cool though! I never ended up using dark matter, but this might get me to do it.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 17:03 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 17:07
Quote: "DarkMATTER Features:
•Fully animated high quality 3D models
•Easy to use Browser utility to view all objects
•All models available in ".X" file formats
•Low and High polygon quality versions of most models
•Models are royalty free for use in your own games
•Fully animated high quality 3D models
•Examples and FREE games including DarkBASIC code
•Models can be used with other languages like C++
"

i took that off the store page so i must be good to go...

i wouldnt mind reassembling these models for others that have purchased dark matter 1 for use with agk. but the best way to do that is to send the files to tgc so they can include them when purchased.

@rick or paul... is it worth doing this? id do it for free just to get people using 3d with agk.

edit: maybe i can just make a video to show people how to do it.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 18:49 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 18:51
well use blender which imports .x files or you can buy 3d studio max using for a month which cost 180$. 180 also pays 10 dollars for mudbox.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2014 19:44 Edited at: 11th Oct 2014 21:39
Quote: "well use blender which imports .x files or you can buy 3d studio max using for a month which cost 180$. 180 also pays 10 dollars for mudbox.
"
?what?

i dont think you understand.... my animation plugin does not use solid frame objects to flip threw...that was my early stuff. Now my code actually handles limb systems up to 20x limbs per object animated.

i was only mentioning that the models in darkmatter 1 work with agk once i convert them to my own file format. .ob2 is just an invented format for use with agk to be able to load limbed animated models in.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2014 18:41 Edited at: 13th Oct 2014 18:44
Hi,

If you convert the files, send them to TGC and then we could add the download to anyone who has a legal copy of Dark Matter 1.

You can use Dark Matter models in any creation you make, you just cannot sell them as a model pack. I don't mind you using a few to showcase your editor.

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2014 19:06 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 23:33
sweet! thanks rick! i will start converting the whole pack and email you the files.

i will use the swat guy for an example model only and also include a textfile/notice explaining that this model was from darkmatter 1 and needs to be purchased through tgc before using in any project.

i should have all the avatars converted by sometime next week and will submit them.... this will make it easy for anyone to use my animation editor and animation plugin for a real 3d game!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:35:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:35:10