Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Player Marker causing Crash

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 00:08 Edited at: 12th Oct 2014 00:09
Hey Guys.

I've been busy for the last 12 months with client work etc. I'm part of the new Gold Pledge on FPSCR but I was hoping to jump back into some FPSC work and it would appear on my new Windows 8 machine it does indeed install.

All the model packs load fine and all the files are checked. The map editor loads and I can add entities, segments etc. all fine, except, if I add a Player Marker, it crashes the MapEditor.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have a fix?!

N.B I have tried putting FPSC into Windows XP/Vista/7 compatibility mode and I am launching it with administrative rights.

Hope you're all well.

Danny

// EOF
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 04:18
never had that problem, good luck.

mk83 Productions

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2014 09:25
Do you get an error where the message that is displayed is like - mesh is not available at line 0000 or likely?

Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
I got a mixture of errors at first but then I remembered I reinstalled all the model packs and maybe copied across some of the FPSC:R entity folders, maybe I overwrote the _markers folder and it conflicted. So I re-installed FPSC, still nothing.

Oddly enough, I installed the latest official beta this morning and it now works. Strange.

Sorry to had wasted a thread, suppose it could be useful if anyone comes across this situation in future.

// EOF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 07:55:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 07:55:00