Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is there a way to disable "All" gravity ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Trust me I do my research before I post this stuff but I'v rack'd my brain and google on this one!....Is there a way to disable "All" gravity effects so as to simulate space? So everything including the player floats but does not disappear or fall out of the map? So objects must be manipulated one way or the other to move ?...is this possible?

Thanks for any help !!!

ShN33Ky
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2014 15:54
ShN33Ky
There is a script in your folder called "appearnogravity". Look
into that. The Official Comm. Guide also has some suggestions.
A quick search also yields this thread....http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=182406&b=23
Read through it, note CE's remarks on "associate the player to an object" to give player a feel of no gravity.
best

My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is what I did to simulate this effect- I put the whole map under water and made the color of the water clear (0-blue,0-green,0-red). The things I wanted to float I had set dynamic (barrels and such). It worked pretty well if you want to try that.

The Birds - A narrated adventure.
Diablo Chateau
ShN33Ky
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako I cant thank you enough your answer lead me to what i'v been looking for and trying to work around a long time! The jet pack....plus cosmics anti-grav script and sample map! Wonderfull...

Astech the water script is a great way to simulate 0 grav but does limit you.Thanks for trying to help and check out ncmako's link to cosmics thread it pays off big time! Thanks for your help as well...

ShN33Ky

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 07:25:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 07:25:55