Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / .PNG transparency issue (v2, tier 1, alpha 8)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 21:04
Hey guys,
I've searched a fair amount in the forums but don't see this exact issue.

These are small images, 37x25 hexes (for an "internal" size of 24). They are saved as PNGs with zero opacity in the empty areas on the right and left. I've used them in other projects/languages with no issue.

In this pic, they are loaded as Sprites and drawn adjacent to each other perfectly, and I haven't modified the sprite transparency. However as you can see, there is still some "bleed" on the right and left sides that looks like overlap. This only shows up if I either increase the zoom to over 1, or I play it in the Android player.

I've experimented with the drawing coordinates in both AppGameKit and with changing the image canvas itself (and adjusting or centering the bits to draw), but can't seem to make a difference.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 09:21
It sounds like your problem is because of the linear interpolation going on during scaling. Does the following fix your problem?

If you're scaling the images a lot though, they may become unacceptably pixelated from doing this..

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 15:59
are you running on mac... if so i have reported png transparency as not working on tier 1 alpha 8. Paul says he has it fixed for the next release.

if thats not it then no clew sorry...

drackbolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 20:49
Sorry, running on Windows and Android.

Lucas, thanks! That was exactly it! So I guess images default to Linear?
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 23:14
Quote: "So I guess images default to Linear?"

Exactly. Glad it helped!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 12:55:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 12:55:17