Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK2 License - Single or Multiple Computers?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2014 15:09
Hello,

I recently purchased AGK2 via Steam.

I'm just wondering - does the license restrict to running the IDE and compiler on one computer, or am I allowed to install on multiple machines?

I tend to develop on both my "main computer" and on my laptop as a secondary machine whenever I'm not at my desk. Would I require two licenses, or would one be sufficient?

Kind regards,
Shock.
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2014 16:52
The impression I get is that the license is a bit like the old Borland ones - not paranoid but you have to be fair. Running it on multiple machines is almost a given because of Apple's paranoia (i.e. if you develop on Windows you need a Mac on iOS).

I would think that the developers would be okay with you having it on two machines providing it is only you using it.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2014 18:27 Edited at: 8th Dec 2014 21:14
normal the steam game/app is bound to your steam login. means login once at any pc.
+ steam supports family sharing up to 5 members i believe.
if u not play a game, a family member can use in this "free" time.
this should be part of the steam copy protection , don't know if tgc use this from steam.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:21:30