Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Notifications

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there!
I suggest asking.
In my project have to be notified of client applications on mobile devices in the background.
Can I accomplish this using the available (existing) function AGK2 Tier1 ?!
Applications for Android and iOS
thanks in advance

AGK 2 !
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 13:14
about push notifys u can read here under misc.
but i believe agk games did not run in background, they goto pause.
http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides.html

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, but What is the meaning of the notification? After the network using Tier1 run much easier than split hairs with php-scripts and web server? !!

AGK 2 !
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 23:06 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 23:07
The only way iOS allows notifications *on command* while the app is closed is through "push" notifications. You will need a web server, SSL certificate, and some sort of server side scripting to send them. That's just how it is done--not "splitting hairs."

On iOS, you can also trigger a notification after a specified time period while the app is running. I *believe* that these will still trigger when your app is in the background (closed), assuming you set it up while the app is active, but I'm not positive about that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:59:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:59:04