Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Text encoding changed, how to change it back?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 10:44

Now all of my extended characters are wrong, how can I revert the text encoding?

I'm using AKG v1 on this project, seems like AppGameKit and extended chars are buggy nightmare.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 11:40
It's hard to see the problem. What editor are you using for the text?

-- Jim - When is there going to be a release?
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 13:53
Default AppGameKit v1 editor. Suddenly the popup just appered and then the extended chars went weird.

Like from Ä to Ã,,
ä to ä

It's a bug in the editor. I tried to create a new project and the copypaste my code to it but still the same thing. I found a encoding options on the editor, but those wont affect anything.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 16:07
V2 is a lot better at non-English character sets. If it's switching to UTF-8 it means there are Unicode characters in there. Are these literal strings in the program?

Onwards and sometimes upwards
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 10:24
Solved. I tried V2 editor again and when I copypasted my code to V2 and saved, it could tell where the odd character was what was causing the encoding to change.

There was a longer - char on one of the strings (dont know whats the name for it). So anyone with same problem, check that if you copy text that the chars are really minus, not line.
jlahtinen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 11:20
Okay, there is somekind of bug in this.

I started new project in V2 and the extended characters are messed up again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:43:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:43:07