Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Just bought AGK2

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 21:17
Well I have just taken the plunge and bought AGK2 and the Making Games book for Windows and Android to go with it.
I already have Darkbasic Pro and produced a game called Colour Splash some time ago which was a colouring book for kids.
Looking forward to making some games for the android store.

Can't wait to get it downloaded and get started!

Any new starters released anything on the play store?
How did you find the process?

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 12:56
Congratulations for making the move from the Dark(Basic) side.
If you've made DBPro apps before, you'll be up and running in AppGameKit in no time.

The hardest bit is that it's not quite as functional yet.
The easiest bit is that things like bitmap fonts and screen resolution are done for you.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 13:06
Well it looks like its ready to download now so going to get started straight away

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 14:16 Edited at: 9th Jan 2015 14:17
welcome
this site i using frequently
http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/

for android u need to register yourself at google play as developer.
then u have access to the googe play developer console.
there u have a add app button.
u need one .keystore file (your sign) and the signed .apk setup file
u can export from agk v2 ide.
be aware if u set free price at google u can not set it to prize >0.
do not lost the keystore file.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 16:10
Hi,

thanks for the info and I have bookmarked that sight for the docs

I have a bit of a plan to first learn to use the software and syntax doing small programs and using my knowledge from DarkBasic Pro and then to look at creating a small game which I can then release for free to test and get things working and hopefully a bet of a rep. A good one that is lol.
The game making book I also bought should come in useful for this.

Then to look at maybe advertising in my next app or payment.

I used to work for a company called Prisma Software in the days of the Amiga and had around 6 childrens educational titles released in the shops like Paint Pot, Shopping Basket and Pepe's Garden. These were created using the good old Amos software and I didn't do too bad out of them money wise but then as things went on I got older and unfortunately got a regular job lol.
I may do a childrens range of titles like these as I have a few ideas and that's what I know best at the minute but hopefully I would like to get into games, 2D at first and maybe a retro style platform game.

Hopefully this will all come together with my 15 year old son who I am trying to teach to code etc with things like Darkbasic Pro, Python and the Raspberry Pi.

Quick question for the developers:
With the Linux version coming to completion would there be any plays to get it working on the Raspberry Pi?
This would be a great opportunity to get in on the Raspberry Pi scene and into schools.

Thanks again.

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 16:59
Hmmm, just thought of another question for the developers of AGK.

I have installed the software now on my PC, however would I also be able to install it on my laptop or would I need another copy or license to do this?
Just thinking so I can program on the move too.
No great shakes if I can't but just thought I would ask the question.

Thanks.

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 17:52
Glad to see a fellow Amos fan join the AGK2 ranks! (show's your age though LOL!).

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 17:59
Quote: "I have installed the software now on my PC, however would I also be able to install it on my laptop or would I need another copy or license to do this?"

The previous answer has been that you can do this, as long as you are only using one of them at a time.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 18:48
@CJB
Yes Amos was great and also yes it does show my age haha!

@BatVink
That's great, will allow me to work on the go

Any news on the Raspberry Pi?

Just been running some of the test programs and they broadcast well, this is fantastic. Lots of projects and potential

Cheers

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 00:46
Quote: "The previous answer has been that you can do this, as long as you are only using one of them at a time."

Is it bad that I have it installed on my Mac and PC and am using both to simultaneously test my game on different platforms? I hope not

It's back, baby!
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 01:09 Edited at: 10th Jan 2015 01:10
probably not as long as your the only person coding and testing... i think it becomes a conflict if your budy comes over to assist and uses one of your pc's with your copy installed.

i have it installed on 3 pc's but only use 1 at a time.

1 on my mac, 1 on my laptop, 1 on my desktop windows pc....

hopefully i can add another pc to the collection for linux...but again, im a 1 man show so i dont think im breaking the rules.

www.sheldonscreations.com
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Amos was awesome, I loved it. Looks like it got a whole generation programming!!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2015 13:36
I have AppGameKit on four machines but I'm the only user. Seems to me that it's a single user license so that's fine also.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2015 01:40
Well it's early days but I am loving this hehe. Just looking at colour splash program in drakbasic pro. Think I might convert it to android Great program guys!!!

Background:
AMOS on the AMIGA!
unlikely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2015 16:42
Quote: "probably not as long as your the only person coding and testing... i think it becomes a conflict if your budy comes over to assist and uses one of your pc's with your copy installed.

i have it installed on 3 pc's but only use 1 at a time.

1 on my mac, 1 on my laptop, 1 on my desktop windows pc...."

Seems to me that for a cross-platform development environment, this license would make a lot of sense (being that you have to compile Mac/iOS on a Mac, and Windows PC on a Windows box)!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:35:02