Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Amazon submission fail - Failure to hibernate

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 08:54
I've recently had an app rejected by Amazon because of an issue with the app not going to the background on some devices.

I couldn't repeat the issue on the 2 android devices I have, but the problem was reported on a Nexus 4. I managed to find someone with who had one, and sure enough the app continues to run in the background when you hit the power switch.

The game is a slot machine, with an auto spin feature. So when you hit the power switch you can hear the game spinning reels etc and continuing to play in the background. Bringing the app to the foreground again doesn't trigger the resume functionality, so it's obviously not hibernated.

The app isn't doing anything unusual, and is built using the IDE export APK functionality.

I had the same issue reported with a previous app, but just kept submitting it as I couldn't repeat the issue. Eventually it got through, but I'm guessing by luck more than anything.

Anybody come across this before?
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 11:22
I'm guessing nobody else has experienced this issue.

Just posting to bump it in the hope that someone can offer help. Paul has been unresponsive to email, so I'm guessing he's very busy.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 11:39
I'm yet to publish anything on Amazon, but I'd be interested to hear if this is going to get patched on the next release.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 21:58
Can't replicate it on my device, I would need to see the system log from when the device is locked and unlocked with the app running. Devices running newer versions of android (around 4.2 I think) have the option to generate a bug report in the settings menu, usually in the developer options, that would provide this information. If you can do this please email it to me after replicating the bug on the device.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 10:22
I've sent the bug report as requested.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 16:23
Thanks for the bug report, it revealed that on devices with a portrait only lock screen, such as phones, would send an orientation update signal to the app just after it went to sleep. If the app was landscape it would wake up, reconfigure its window and then go back into the running state. I'll fix this in the next version so orientation events received whilst asleep do not restart the app.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 08:08
Thanks, look forward to the new version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:08:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:08:05