Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Echoes+ Release on Steam!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 15:55 Edited at: 16th Jan 2015 15:56
Binary Zoo & TGC teamed up to bring Echoes+ to Steam for both PC and Mac.

If you're a Steam user you can get the game for FREE right here;

Echoes+ on STEAM

As far as we know this is the first AppGameKit game to get published to Steam. Well done to Chris @ Binary Zoo!

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 15:58
Great! Love this game

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 23:56
As I said in the other thread, thanks to TGC, Rick & Paul in particular, for making it happen.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 11:15
Nice one, it's currently on the front page (Popular new releases) I guess that you could have made a bit of money being on the front page. 90 reviews so far, 95% are positive!

So, I'm a bit curious about how this works. I am trying to get a better understanding on how Steam works. I assume that you did not go through Green Light for this? Meaning that TGC can publish anything on Steam? And how did TGC get access to that? There are small publishers out there that can't do it.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 23:05
The way this worked was that we noticed fog had made a great game with AppGameKit and so we teamed up with him to see if we could help him get it onto Steam (as we have a relationship with Valve with AGK2). Valve allowed us to release the game as a Free to play so long as it promoted AGK2 (thus avoiding green light process).

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 00:20
Thanks for the info Rick. I didn't now that they did deals like that. They seem so hands off these days. That's pretty cool. I hope it brings in new AppGameKit users.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 16:45
I must say I've been pleasantly surprised by the reception on Steam. Shmups are niche and retro ones are super-niche so I wasn't expecting so many positive reviews.

It's also good that a lot of people have noticed that it was made with AppGameKit as I wasn't sure how obvious that was. Several of the written and video reviews mention AppGameKit though and I've been contacted by a good few people who have asked about it or asked for help using it.

Hopefully it's all translating into something for TGC.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 16:19
Sweet

It's similar to the very popular geometry wars on 360, so I am not surprised that people like it.

Muckypaws
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Any news on when a fix is going to be release so those of us running Yosemite and Multiple Screens can play?

Currently the play music, and sets one m=one display to white and the others monitors connected have black screens.

Kind Regards
Jason

https://www.facebook.com/WonkyPix
http://www.wonkypix.com
http://www.appstore.com/jsecconsultancyltd
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 17:40
Hi Muckypaws.

Is that still the case after today's update? (It should show V2 in the bottom left of the main menu screen.)

If so then I'm afraid this is one for Paul as I've no idea what AppGameKit does in the background to handle multiple monitors.

Muckypaws
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
HI Chris,

I've sent you an email with the new issues to add to your list

Kind Regards
Jason

https://www.facebook.com/WonkyPix
http://www.wonkypix.com
http://www.appstore.com/jsecconsultancyltd
JHA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 21:00
Hey fog, love that game. Thanks for rewriting it in AGK.

Any chance of doing a tutorial on games like that?

Are there any websites that you went to that helped you, more so than just any random google search?

Thanks again!!
JHA

Proverbs Challenge: http://pc.potentialsunleashed.com/

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 00:21
Hi JHA and thanks

Quote: "Are there any websites that you went to that helped you, more so than just any random google search?"
I've been doing this for so long now that everything about the way I've coded Echoes is just based on experience. Much of it isn't technically good coding, it's just done the way I like to work.

The most important thing I've picked up over the years is how to structure a program and some tricks and tips. They are way more important than how you actually code things.

I must admit I'm not one for tutorials or googling unless I get really stuck. The way I always learn is to just start writing a game. The first line of C++ code I ever wrote was the first line of Echoes+ in AGK. Not necessarily a learning method I would suggest everyone follows, but again it works for me.

I'm probably the last person to be teaching others how to code.

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2015 19:35
I still love the fade effects you have going on all these objects. Would love to beg, borrow, or steal that for my WordTrix port I'm doing for AppGameKit

Senior Developer - CBS Interactive Music Group
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 12:42
Quote: "I still love the fade effects you have going on all these objects. Would love to beg, borrow, or steal that for my WordTrix port I'm doing for AGK
"

The nearest I have got to it is this code below, but it doesn't work as I expected, the trail doesn't fade away. Maybe someone can tweak it to work?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 20:55
Quote: "I still love the fade effects you have going on all these objects. Would love to beg, borrow, or steal that for my WordTrix port I'm doing for AGK"

Sure. It's C++ and all mixed up with other code because of effects I apply to it, but I'll knock up a simpler Tier 1 demo.

If I haven't posted it in a couple of days nudge me via email.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 01:34:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 01:34:41