Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / "Issues" with the built game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this should be listed as a bug:

I built a 3-level game and most of it works very well and is fully playable.

But i have also found some issues which i didn't see in the editor:

- In the first level, all the on-screen textes (created with TextEase) do not show up. They work fine in the latter levels.

- Characters use the wrong shader and appear with black parts (no problems in the editor as I edited the .fx).

- I edited the player's HUD but the built game use FPSC's stock one (maybe this is my fault while building the game).

Is this related to the V1.20 beta i'm using?
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 18:43 Edited at: 16th Jan 2015 18:49
Quote: "I built a 3-level game and most of it works very well and is fully playable.

But i have also found some issues which i didn't see in the editor:

- In the first level, all the on-screen textes (created with TextEase) do not show up. They work fine in the latter levels.

- Characters use the wrong shader and appear with black parts (no problems in the editor as I edited the .fx).

- I edited the player's HUD but the built game use FPSC's stock one (maybe this is my fault while building the game).

Is this related to the V1.20 beta i'm using? "

It may be possible an issue with your version, although issues similar to what you have outlined have been produced in earlier versions. When you have a built game, you may need to check the "Files" section to ensure all media has in fact copied over. You may have some media missing, whether shaders or textures that will show in editor but not in build. Two common issues of files not copying over properly were skyboxes and media that had long file/folder names or special characters in names such as apostrophe (example- certain media from Dark Egypt pack).

Another thing to check is the two files "setup.ini" and "buildsetup.ini". Ensure they have similar settings- for example if you have "postprocessing=1" in setup.ini, but "postprocessing=0" in buildsetup.ini and you use water, you may not have water in the build. In a test/design mode, FPSC uses the "setup.ini" file, but when you call the build function it will use the "buildsetup.ini". If you need a reference to the settings, there should be a text file called "setupdescription.txt" in your FPSC folder.

The huds are a common issue- when in editor the game uses the "Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame" files in this folder. During a build, people either point to a different folder and forget to modify their huds. Check to ensure you in fact did point to correct files/folders. You can change the huds via the Build Game>Level Settings tab. If your Game Project Filename is "mygame.fpg", then the huds and setup FPI files used will be in the \mygame folder.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a quick look into the built game file folder and yes, some files are missing (the scripts in particular...)...
Comby
Years of Service
User Offline
(sorry for the double post!)

The problem is (i guess) that the script's folder name was a bit too long...

I'll also check the two .ini files to try to fix the other issues

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:29:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:29:23