Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [LOCKED] This forum software is obnoxious :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 17:19 Edited at: 18th Jan 2015 23:11
I have edited this post as it was pretty unhelpful, and more of a personal rant.

If someone knows of a way to delete it, then I wouldn't have any complaints
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 23:23
click on my threads... its very simple and easy to use so i dont know what your talking about.

www.sheldonscreations.com
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 00:00
I think arnzzz is referring to posts, not threads. That would actually be a pretty good feature, other forums do this too...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 14:56
These forums aren't perfect, we all accept that. But a couple of other things...

1. "This forum software is obnoxious" is not the way to start a post and get constructive responses.

2. There are some very good things about this forum. For example, it has NEVER been hacked in over 10 years. That's mainly because it was written specifically for TGC.

3. You need to start by helping yourself. You can use My Threads for anything you start. You can subscribe to any threads you are interested in. And you can use the SEARCH functionality to find all of the existing discussions regarding the forum functionality, rather than start yet another one. There is no "My Posts" list, but it's on the list of things to be implemented by The NExt, who is working hard to find the best way forward.

4. Offtopic is called Geek Culture as it is appropriate to the audience here. Again, help yourself by reading the descriptions of the boards.

5. Searching would have found this thread, which explains the current forum situation. It is standard across all forums on the internet to check the stickies, which this post is.

If this post comes across as short and snappy (perhaps obnoxious), I am responding in the same manner that you posted. Please be a little more considerate to the efforts that go into making this place work. It's very easy to criticise without realising the consequences of your words.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
arnzzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey BatVink

Please accept my apology regarding my inappropriately worded post.

The functionality I thought wasn't on the forum I have since found thanks to SoftMotion3D above, Im not a big forum user so most of the ones I have used have seemed very familiar like VBulletin.

I'm sure the software here is great when your more familiar with it and from a security perspective, I just haven't spent enough time here to get more familiar with it.

Again, please accept my apologies, you wont be hearing any BS from me again lol
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 02:24 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 02:25
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Author's request. Well technically the request was to delete it, but that's not how I roll.

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 12:33
No worries, we just like to make sure everyone gets on well together.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 01:24:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 01:24:42