Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question regarding third person, killing enemies, and editing characters. (I'm new)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

As you can probably tell I'm new here and have some questions I would like answered in order to begin creating my game.

I should let you know that I am completely illiterate with coding and rely much more on the click and drag format offered by FPSC, which is why I ditched trying to use Unity. I have only downloaded the free basic demo of FPSC and I am wondering if the questions I have can be done on what I have, or if I have to download FPSC Reloaded to accomplish them.

1. I would much prefer if my game were in Third Person format (Tomb Raider, Max Payne, Syphon Filter) rather then the Call of Duty/Battlefield First Person format.

2. Every enemy I kill in my practice game I made in my demo always dies the same. By falling back and sprawled with the arms and legs spread. Is there anyway I can edit this so they die in different styles and positions?

3. Finally, what I would most like to do is edit my main characters and enemies so that that they all look different from one another. I like the idea of having everyone have their own independent look. So like one back guy had long blonde hair, another with short back and a goatee, another bald and wearing a different shirt. All the example I've seen on YouTube have the characters looking almost exactly alike.

If anyone knows the answers to these please let me know so I can being designing my game. Thank you!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 00:54
1. Well as much as I would like to have an officially implemented third person...there isn't. There's lots of scripts out there that allow for third person but none are perfect. It is possible but it depends on your level of need.
2. This is the same for FPSC with the exception of rag-doll. You can have enemies die and rag-doll in whatever position they fall. this all depends on the environment and objects they fall on to.
3. This is purely a model/texture standpoint in any engine. You can have the same model and right click him, then change the texture in it's properties. In this way you can have a multitude of types. More major changes require separate models. As I said this is in any engine; not specific to FPSC.

Hope that helped.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 00:54
The few 3rd person mods out there are not very good. So i wouldn't count on 3rd person.

You would have to add different death animations to the characters and change the fpi for it. I can't remember if the ragdoll feature works well.

You would have to create a bunch of different characters and make them fpsc ready.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
PK86
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help, guys!

The third person view that I had in mind can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsV7Ma2gUP0

The biggest reason why I would prefer a TPS rather than first person is, besides growing up a bigger fan of those type of games, is that I feel it gives the game more personality. I always felt that all FPS games look the same, and I get more into the character when I can see their body.

It's not the end of the world if I have to use a first person view, but since it is possible to use third person, I wouldn't mind getting the script for it and know how to insert it.

Same goes for designing different looking enemies. I like the idea of having each and every villian having their own personality.
The Zombie Killer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2015 11:29
That third person view was from H6 mod, which was for v1.09 and v1.15 if I remember correctly. The source code was given to me by Hell_666 personally, and most of the mod was implemented into the community mod.

However, the third person code seemed to be either incomplete or broken from what I could see. The community mod has a different (although rather bad) third person camera. If I were to re-do it now, it'd be much better, considering I was a programming newbie back then, however I don't really have an interest in it anymore.

You should try checking out s4mod Zeta, as I'm pretty sure it's built upon some version of Project Blue, which supports third person. I'm not sure if you can get it anymore considering s4real has left the FPSC Classic community, but I'm sure you could work out some form of deal by contacting him personally.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:39:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:39:22