Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Teach Yourself AGK 2.0

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 15:19 Edited at: 30th Jan 2015 15:22
Hi guys,

Looking to learn AppGameKit 2.0? The Teach Yourself Game Programming for Android and Windows redevelopment project has officially begun.

First lets be clear, this is NOT a new book. This is a massive update to the OLD book.

This means anyone who's bought the Teach Yourself Game Programming e-book will benefit for these free updates.

The basic idea is to split the book in two parts. The first AppGameKit CE will remain as is, the new AppGameKit 2.0's 2D elements will be based on the original CE work. After that I will add new chapters and examples showing 3D games.

The old CE chapters will be updated to 2.0, this means new screenshots, a chapter about the new interface, that sort of thing.

This ebook has sold over a thousand of copies world wide through Amazon, Nook, iTunes, Kobo and through TGC's own system. By updating the book in this way we'll reach all those readers.

If you are a developer with an awesome game you wish to advertise, feel free to post about it here. I'm planning to add some advert pages for awesome apps made with AppGameKit at the back of this new book update. Or e-mail your details to support@teachyourselfstuff.com

To track the redevelopment progress click here
Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2015 21:14
@ Daniel,

Excellent News!

I was one of the buyers of the first book, keep up the good work.

Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2015 11:58
Yes absolutely, its a great resource. Keep it up mate.

Twitter: @itanican
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PushdownGame
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2015 12:24
Can't wait for the update and good to see its free to people who have already bought the book.
I got it a few weeks ago with agk2 and its easy to follow and goes at a nice pace.
Looking forward to the new sections ☺

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 16:49:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 16:49:13