Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 1, AndroidManifest.xml tablet compatibility question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2015 11:37
Can someone help me with this question.

I have an app on Google Play called SpinieBop, I used Tier 1, AppGameKit version 2 to create the app. The app run fine on tablets and Google Play said if I make a small change it can be showcased in the “Designed for tablets” section.

“It seems like your app looks good on tablets. To get showcased in the 'Designed for tablets' list in the Play Store, you need to make some small changes to your APK.”

You can set the app's range of targeted Android versions in the manifest file, in the <uses-sdk> element. In most cases, you can target Android versions properly by setting the element's targetSdkVersion attribute to the highest API level available.
At a minimum, check the <uses-sdk> element to make sure that:
a. targetSdkVersion is declared with value 11 or higher (14 or higher is recommended), OR
b. minSdkVersion is declared with value 11 or higher.
c. If a maxSdkVersion attribute is declared, it must have a value of 11 or higher. Note that, in general, the use of maxSdkVersion is not recommended.

I located two of the values Google is talking about in the
C:\AGK\ExtraFiles\AGKC\apps\interpreter_android\AndroidManifest.xml

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="10" android:targetSdkVersion="10" />

To ensure that you can distribute your app to a broad range of tablets, your app should declare support for tablet screen sizes in its manifest file, as follows:
•A <supports-screens> element, if declared, must not specify android:largeScreens="false" or android:xlargeScreens="false".
•For apps targeting minSdkVersion value less than 13, a <supports-screens> element must be declared with both android:largeScreens="true" and android:xlargeScreens="true".

If the app declares a <compatible-screens> element in the manifest, the element should include attributes that specify all of the size and density combinations for tablet screens that the app supports. Note that, if possible, you should avoid using the <compatible-screens> element in your app.

If I change android:minSdkVersion="10" to "13" and android:targetSdkVersion="10" to "14" and create the APK file again will everything still work ok?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Kevin
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 16:58
Yes, you can download a different version of the Android SDK in Eclipse and use that to compile your project by opening the project properties and changing the API in the Android section. AppGameKit targets a minimum of API 10 (Android 2.3.3) and by default compiles against API 13 (Android 3.2) but anything higher should work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 01:25:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 01:25:33