Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.11

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 11:12
I have also confirmed the above Sensor problem. V2.0.10 worked fine. After updating to 2.0.11 (including the Android Player to the Jan 26 build), the sensors stop working properly as detailed by BatVink and HFJ.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 12:01 Edited at: 18th Feb 2015 12:02
Opps... Wrong thread...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 17:39
Facebook commands also failing since 2.0.11. Cannot retrieve user name and ID, and cannot post to wall. Tested by myself and by Naphier.
Naphier also suggests that the problem here is when Ads and Facebook are put into the same app.

Code to reproduce failing user name and ID

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 19:29
BatVink:
Do you see the FB login window?
Does it have any messages about API 1.0?
If you see the login and are able to proceed - when you go to facebook.com and go to your settings do you see the app in your list of apps?
You also might want to check GetFacebookLoggedIn() return value and see if it is 1 before polling user name and ID. Beyond that if you plug in to Eclipse/LogCat you might get some clues as to what is going wrong. Facebook's SDK reports most errors.

I am still able to login, get user id, friends list (though the friends list now appears to be limited to only users who have installed the app - nothing much agk can probably do about that), and I can get their names and pictures.

I sent Paul an updated method for Android to send a request instead of posting to a friend's wall because you can't post to friend's walls anymore unless they authorize the app, and requests are more common than post to wall (yes yes I know so many people hate them, but guess what? they work and companies use them for a reason).

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 22:31 Edited at: 18th Feb 2015 22:42
Weird stuff is happening, but first I'll answer your questions...

Quote: "Do you see the FB login window?"

Yes. My test currently logs out FB every time, to reinitialise the login.

Quote: "Does it have any messages about API 1.0?"

no

Quote: "If you see the login and are able to proceed - when you go to facebook.com and go to your settings do you see the app in your list of apps?"

Yes

Quote: "You also might want to check GetFacebookLoggedIn() return value and see if it is 1 before polling user name and ID. "

I wait for this value to switch to 1, then immediately request the user name and ID.

And now for something completely different.

It (User name and ID) is now working
What did I do? well, a number of things

1. Switched back to 2.0.10 and recompiled. This didn't work, I have AppGameKit Player 2.0.11. On the PC, FB commands don't do anything meaningful, but I'm sure that is intentional, these are mobile commands.
2. Logged out of Facebook on my PC trying to test on the PC. This proved fruitless as detailed in (1), but I'm providing the full picture
[EDIT] Set error logging to 2
3. Switched back to 2.0.11 again. Logged out of Facebook using FacebookLogout() command. Logged back in, it didn't ask for credentials and for the first time, it reported by name and ID correctly.
4. Ran the program again, this time the Login screen appeared correctly, and my credentials were correctly returned.

Part of this process (the failed logout) makes me think that some of these commands may be on a delay, but that doesn't explain hours of testing with failed results.

traumvogel
Years of Service
User Offline
The DrawBox command does not quite do what it should. It does not draw straight lines in my example case.

Running this on Windows 8.1 with a screen resolution of 1366x768 I get the result as seen in the attached image.

Any idea what's wrong?

Kind regards
Thomas

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 23:24
Facebook Issue

Some (or all) of this may be my coding combined with missing information from the help files.

If you FacebookLogout() when you are already logged out, the getFacebookLoggedIn() returns -1. You need to account for this in any subsequent code. FaceBookLogin() does not follow the same logic, it returns a 1 if you are already logged in and try again.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 23:54
Wait are you running this through the player app or are you compiling your own APK?
If via broadcast to a player app then you'll probably not have a good time.
It all sounds quite wonky :/
Fortunately our problems haven't been like this.

So what I do with FB login is
if GetFacebookLoggedIn != 1
FacebookLogin()
repeat - sync until GetFacebookLoggedIn returns != 0
if GetFacebookLoggedIn != 1
tell the user there's an issue (they could have canceled login)
else
retrieve fb data as needed

The return codes from some of those commands are not documented.

Then you might want to wait a tick or two before retrieving data. Something like:
t0 = timer()
fbName = ""
timedOut = 0
repeat
if timer() - t0 > 10.0
timedOut = 1

fbName$ = GetFaceookUserName
until timedOut = 1 or fbName$ <> ""

then tell the user if there was a timeout error.

The thing with this is that the user could feasibly log in to facebook, leave the app running, head over to FB and remove the app's access to their facebook, come back to the app and try to get their name - credentials should be ok and just retrieve the name, but it might not. Also internet connections can fail in the meantime. So we have to be careful with handling exceptions.

But it sounds like things are working for you now?
I'm glad.
Usually changes you make to the FB app page are pretty instantaneously accessible, this include removing the app permission from your fb settings.

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 00:24
@traumvogel

i ran your example
it showed up perfectly
even though the test program no jagged lines

I'm using windows 7 home premium

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 09:13
Thanks Naphier. I've wrapped the FB commands up in functions that do a lot more checking than I was previously doing. I'm working on the basis that some of these things may not be synchronous, which is what you seem to be warning about with all of the checks you have in place.

traumvogel
Years of Service
User Offline
@Resourceful: Did you try with a desktop screen resolution of 1366x768? I suspect this behaviour is somehow dependend on the current screen resolution. I get different results on mobile displays also...
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 12:03
I have just found another bug. SetTextScissor does not work correctly for text that is fixed to the screen. Sprites fixed to the screen work correctly but text gets clipped using world co-ordinates rather than screen.

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 17:45
@traumvogel

ok it dose do what you say it dose when that size is used

I'm running 1600 x 900

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 11:45
SetTextScissor can be used with a workaround for text fixed to screen. I am resetting the text scissor every loop using ScreenToWorldX & Y.

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 01:21
There is definitely a problem when using the Facebook commands (Notably to log in and then post to your own wall) with an AdMob banner ad as BatVink was saying here

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 22:35
Paul, unfortunately, I have found another 'restriction' issue when exporting an .apk from the IDE... It appears the IDE does not allow you to use a Package Name of > 50 characters. I have apps which are already published with a Package Name of > 50. This restriction is preventing me from being able to make any updates to these apps...

I am not sure where this restriction has come from (am assuming Google Play?), but the apps I am referring to are published on other sites (such as SlideMe), which do not have this restriction...

Could you please remove this max length restriction?

Many thanks...

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 00:03 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 07:52
Draw functions no longer work after resume.

I have an app that I am ready to publish but don't feel comfortable publishing with this issue.

Here is a link to the original post: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213698&b=41

In my app, I continually draw lines and have text display over the top of the drawing. If the app is placed in the background, the text continues to display, but the draw functions no longer work.

I have tried using GetResumed() and attempting to re-initialize the app but nothing seems to work.

I'm using setrendertoscreen () and createsprite(1,1) to leave the lines that have been drawn while I draw new lines.

I have 8 different Android devices that I use to test and they all exhibit this problem. This happens both when I make an apk and test it or when I am broadcasting to the device for test. This has also been tested by BatVink on a couple of other devices with the same result.

If I jump to another app, without closing my app, then return to my app, it returns as a black screen and the draw commands don't work.

Here is some sample code:

mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 00:58
How do we submit bug reports?

home.wavecable.com/~mindsclay
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 08:51
Bugs can be reported HERE

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 18:46 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 18:51
@JRNTexas

i ran your example

it had not text to display so i added in the code for that

i have the text showing

if i put the sync()
the screen flickers on the pc
no flickering on the my Samsung S5

here is the install file for you to test

your correct the lines do not show when the app
is put on the back burner

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 20:56
@Resourceful

I only included that which is failing. I did not include the text statements because they were working. They are not print statements, however, print statements, like text statements continue to work while draw commands no longer work.

I don't understand what you are saying about the "sync()" command. Can you provide more information about your modifying of the sync() command and how that affects the problem at hand?

I've run your apk file and it performs the same on my systems as my original code. It no longer draws if you switch to another app then back but it does continue to print.

Basically, your code and mine work the same. Draw statements fail on return to the app.
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 21:18
@JRNTexas

i wanted to see if the sync() command
would help make it work correctly

but as we see that is not the case

i try-id it with and with out the sync() command
and the problem still happened

with 2 people now there is proof there is a problem

CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 13:12
@Resourceful & JRNTexas. I also confirm that draw commands don't work after pausing (via 'home' key) and resuming. V2.0.11.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 18:13
@CJB

Thanks

dose any one know if is been broken for a long time or just in this version ?

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 19:19
@CJB
Thanks...
@Resourceful...It did not work in the previous version. I was using the previous version until I had this problem then updated to 2.0.11 to see if the problem had been resolved in the latest release I had the same problem in both versions.

I have reported this as a bug.

I have found another problem that is related to this issue. When I use sprites in the same example app, the sprites do not appear. If I comment out the lines noted below, sprites appear as expected. When I put the lines back in, sprites do not appear.

Lines that were commented out:
setrendertoscreen ()
createsprite(1,1)

setRenderToImage (1,0)
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 14:12
I ran the program again on my android device

It seems if there is a enough time out of the running program
It will show up again

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 02:14
@resourceful

I tried this for an hour but it never came back.

How long did it take for yours to "come back"?
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 02:19
@JRNTexas

it was only a few seconds i had to stay off that screen

if i build any thing using the line stuff
that will tick off my users as it sits now

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 02:06
@backslash...or maybe someone else knows...

You gave the link (above) where bugs can be reported. I went there and noticed that it also contains some feature requests.

I reported the draw on resume bug there.

I have a couple of feature requests that I would like to make but only wanted to put them on the "Official" request list if that was appropriate.

Is there some other place that feature requests get "vetted" before they go on the official feature request list or can I just put my requests on the list?

Thanks!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 11:32
You can put them there but actually I think the thread for feature requests on the forum are getting more notice at the moment. Good to see you around more these days

Waldemar Lima
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 15:35
Hello Paul Johnston , I would like to ask you to add commands so you can import or start 3D animations characters ... example, I want to start the animation, "stand" when the character stand still .. and the animated "walk" when I move the joystick ... that has already been added or not?

PrintC(&amp;amp;quot;Hello EveryOne !&amp;amp;quot
AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 12:44
I know nobody wants to use it, but the octal base prefix causes a
compilation error. In other words a line such as

v = 0c23

fails in V2.0.11. BASIC "Invalid integer"

Is this a fault in the compiler, or has octal been dropped?
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 11:04 Edited at: 9th Mar 2015 11:37
Not so much a bug with AppGameKit v2, but the Editor doesn't work so well using a touchscreen. Notably scrolling up and down through the text. Is this something that can be looked into?

>Edit<
This is using Windows 8.1

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 11:20
A minor annoyance with the Mac IDE, is that if I load the IDE, click compile, and then immediately try to export as an .ipa, I get the 'SHA-1' Error (this happens everytime). To over come this, I have to close AppGameKit back down, re-open, and then export without compiling...

Like I say, just a small annoyance, nothing major...

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2015 21:45
fyi
today i updated to android 5.0.2, the older agk have some issues
with editbox again and at volume key my game goto pause

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 11:02
I have a 1920 x 1200 screen on my PC but when I try to create a window of that size, it creates a 1792 by 1120 one instead.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 16:24
Are you using SetWindowSize()? And are you specifying full screen? What virtual resolution?

I have a screen that I can set to the same resolution and test if you let me know what parameters you are using.

AlistairS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 18:19
@BatVink Thanks for taking the trouble. Code is

Even taking off a 20 pixels in each direction to allow for the border doesn't work.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 18:38
I get the same results.
I'm thinking it may be intentional, although I can't pin down the precise logic.

You have chosen Windowed, therefore it can't dedicate the full screen to your canvas. So I wonder if it scales down by some default percentage/value?

I ran the same test at 1440x900, and get the same results - a slightly smaller window.

In full screen, it all looks ok.

Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 18:49
Way back there were some issues with the calculation of the taskbar size and the window title bar size. I wonder if this is a continued result of that. It seems purposeful. The resulting window is still an aspect ratio of 16:10. So what AppGameKit may be doing is saying that the window of 1920x1200 is not going to fit on the screen due to the size of the window title bar and the taskbar. So it looks for the next biggest size that will fit that aspect ratio. Seems like a fair design choice to me.

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 19:08
it seems people are pushing screen size to a size not needed

Android phone's and windows based pc do not need to have a screen size more than "1024 x 768"

as for apple or windows 8 phone or Black Berry based phones
i have no idea

I know my Android phone will do a Display size of
1920 x 1080

any Game or program i will make will current have a size limit of
800 x 600

and i ma not doing the wide screen crap they forced on the moves and tv garbage

1024 x 768 is the largest for a display size will be need
until holographic tecnogey comes into it's own

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 21:56
Quote: "1024 x 768 is the largest for a display size will be need(ed)"

That is a very, very strange thing to say! Thanks God I don't have to put up with that resolution any more!

<<It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.>> Dijkstra
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 22:11
@JimHawkins

I'm just making the point
that screen size at 1024 x 768
is good for the game i have been playing
the larger the size the more resources
are needed and harder on the computer or device being used

i know 800 x 600 for pc is too small

i have a gaming pc Asus G74sx .. not fully maxed out with ram it should have been
or the video card i will replace it with when i get the $$

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 22:55
I like my games to play at the best resolution available. Full stop.

<<It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.>> Dijkstra
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2015 00:53
Quote: "I like my games to play at the best resolution available. Full stop."

Definitely. Fullscreen at native res is a necessary part of gaming.

JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 20:33 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2015 22:10
BUG - See this post: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=213698&b=41

GetDirectionSpeed(), getRawLightLevel() and others not working or working only occasionally in broadcast mode only.

They work fine in AppGameKit but not AGK2.
JRNTexas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 06:29
I'm having nothing but problems with the version made available today. The compiler has locked up on broadcast and has to be ended via the Windows Task Manager.

It has locked up my phone.

An app that I have on the Google Play Store and Amazon App Store no longer functions as intended when compiled with the new version.

....Help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 14:27:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 14:27:28