Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Bug Reports / Multiplayer "gamelist server" - OFF

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2016 00:18
Thought I'd just mention this, I wanted to try multiplayer with V1.0 (used the open source release) to see if the IP address would show.
At first it didn't, the IP address box only showed "FE80" which after some searching found out it had to do with the IPV6 protocol.

So I decided to disable IPV6 for my network card and left IPv4 on, fired up the multiplayer V1.0 and the IP address now shows clearly
in the box ??? Go figure?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Ryan Fillingham
Years of Service
User Offline
Having the same error and problems, Gutted
Gabe 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2016 12:37 Edited at: 11th Apr 2016 21:52
I tried multiplayer with "FPSC-Game.exe" version 1.4, in "languagebank\english\textfiles\fpsc-050.txt" at line 619 is "www.game-guru.com" link. Here is the result:
The IP address box showed my IP. When select "HOST GAME" the level is loaded and i played, but if you select "JOIN GAME" sometime crashed, sometime saw this (the uploaded screenshot) ,no friends IP! Any of this "fake" host players can be joined, but when loading over, "waiting to join..".
Change line 619 with "www.fpscreator.com" and here is the result:
Once again the IP is there, "HOST GAME" working, "JOIN GAME" showed "No Games Listed" (when your friend is already host or otherwise).
Change line 619 with "www.thegamecreators.com" and here is the result:
My IP is there, "HOST GAME" crashed the game most of the time, "JOIN GAME" always crashed.
Change line 619 with "www.google.com" (i know, it's funny), result:
The IP is there, "HOST GAME" working fine, "JOIN GAME" showed 5 empty hosts, none of them can be joined. I don't even try this one with my friend.
Delete line 619, result:
The IP is there, "HOST GAME" working, "JOIN GAME" showed "No Games Listed".
The conclusion:
FPSC V1.4 always showed your IP. No working servers at this moment!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2016 01:56
Thanks Gabe 01
I'm going to save this info to a file for future ref.
Also, what/which is V1.40 ?? Do you mean fpsc IP1.4 for multiplayer
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Gabe 01
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako
FPS Creator with update V1.04!
I still keeping updates: v1.02 / v1.04 / v1.06 / v1.07 / v1.08 / v1.09 / v1.15 / v1.17 / v1.18 / v1.19 / v1.20

Nomad Soul - "Ideally we want dedicated servers like in the Quake 3 Arena days."
Where should we look if this happen, if someone make new server, when now "FPSC Classic Bug Reports" section is missing?
Gabe 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2016 16:56 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2016 01:35
I don't know much about video game servers, but looked at google and found a lot of info how to create, setup, host, dedicate your own server! I'll post some links that are not "spam"! Please, TGC comunity, help! For someone who deals with online stuff it will be easy job. Otherwise i have to spread "FPSC server problem" around the web and asking for help people who don't know this software, but are experts in the servers territory. FPSC is open source, what stopped us now?

http://www.pcgamer.com/dedicated-gaming-server/

http://www.ehow.com/how_5003187_make-online-game-server.html

http://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/how-to-setup-and-host-your-own-video-game-server/

You can find more server creating guides by your own serching in the web!
Sincerely, Gabe 01, one of the many FPSC loyal users.
Gabe 01
Years of Service
User Offline
I informed a web engineer about this topic and hopefully waiting for a solution. Cross fingers.
Tarabodej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2016 20:43
Any news?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:17:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:17:56