Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Future Feature Request] Microsoft HoloLens Support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2015 10:23
With Microsoft releasing information about the HoloLens at The Game Developers Conference (GDC) and also the Microsoft Build conference this year, it would be great to support this on Windows 10.

I know that TGC plan to support Direct3D 12 and Windows 10. However, since HoloLens is due out this year in the time frame of Windows 10, it would be awesome to see AppGameKit supporting it.

I believe that HoloLens will be bundled with a next generation MineCraft and available this fall and I believe that it would be hugely beneficial for TGC to take advantage of that power and it would possibly have a leg up over the competition.

App Game Kit (A.G.K.) - Want to be creative on many platforms at once? This is the tool you need.
paulrobson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2015 12:00
Really depends on how it works. If it can be integrated into the current 3D system, yes, but a completely new 3D SDK probably wouldn't be a great idea.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2015 13:54
i believe it will break the code once idea but this HoloLens is cool.

AGK 108 (B)19 + AppGameKit V2 Alpha .. : Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
DMXtra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2015 22:50
We will get more details over the next couple of months (March/April) and I am looking forward to this.

You can create 2-D graphics or 3-D graphics with this just like AppGameKit and I think it would be huge.

We already know that there are some features that are available for iOS that are not on other platforms, correct? So, I don't see the problem or issue here.

If the price is right (which I do believe it will be) and if Microsoft includes a next gen MineCraft like I believe they will, this will be a huge hit.

This is a game changer and something that I believe needs to be addressed in the future of AGK.

I would rather see support for this than Linux or blackberry to be honest.

Direct3D 12 has to be addressed and thus Windows 10 has to be addressed and is going to be addressed then I think that support for the Microsoft HoloLens is a given at this point.

App Game Kit (A.G.K.) - Want to be creative on many platforms at once? This is the tool you need.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-26 21:00:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-26 21:00:47