Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Copyright Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2015 14:51 Edited at: 8th Feb 2015 14:56
I tried to find a definite answer in the EULA or the forum to the following question - but to no avail:

Is there any copyright problem to use SCREENSHOTS from a scenery withing FPS Creator in other games, p.e. as battlebacks for RPG Maker games?

Just in case the term "battleback" doesn't ring a bell: https://www.google.at/search?q=rpg+maker+battlebacks+scifi&biw=1767&bih=1002&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=y2rXVPCZJ6XfywP3xoDQDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 11:58
I thik you should e-mail TGC support for the query.

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 17:49
I'm going to speculate that if it's free and not being used to obtain indirect profit then you should be fine. You created the scene using their engine, I don't think there would be a problem of any kind. If you were to try and sell it you might be on thin ice, but if the EULA doesn't say anything then it sounds like you're clear...

Former avid rookie game developer who now just studies in college, and dreams about his dream game, and derps really hard.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 00:51
I don't see a problem with it. You are allowed to sell games made with fpsc. You are allowed to use fpsc to create levels for other engines... I believe it was Batvink that did a tutorial in the news letter showing how to get a level into unity. You are allowed to use purchased content in other game engines as long as it is encrypted....

gamer, lover, filmmaker
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 18:22
Thanks for your answers, guys. I dug a little deeper and it looks like I'm clear as long as the screenshots aren't making it possible to rip off textures.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2015 23:58
I think this is fine as long as your not using the textures for tiles.

(Teabone)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:49:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:49:29