Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / "opening" window with a brick?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone,

I want to have a window that you can smash with a brick, that actually serves as a key just like you would open a door with. so i put "pickupkey" in the main script of the brick, i am now able to pick it up, but now?
i hope you understand what i mean, i want to pick up the brick, step in front of a window, and then smash it by pressing enter or whatever.
Any solutions or tips would be highly appreciated!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 02:20
A brick is an entity that you can pick up and throw. You don't need to make it a key. If your window is dynamic and you set its strength right, throwing the brick using the mouse button will break the window.

You may want to give the player a hint that he needs to break the window, but it's a simple thing to do.... no scripting required.

Brian.

Mongo Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
That was actually my intention, but i cant get it to work no matter what i do. brick having force at 99999 window strenght 1, is immobile to yes, nothing works. so i wanted to try something different. any ideas?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 18:32 Edited at: 11th Feb 2015 18:37
Hmmm...
I can't break a window either. I used to be able to. I must be getting weak in my old age. Now I cab only break it with a weapon.
It's probably something that they fixed and it broke something else.

EDIT: Actually, I can throw smaller object right through the windows without breaking them. I'm gonna take that show on the road. Look out, New York!

Mongo Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
damn, i really did not want to have any weapons involved in that part of my game already. okay, one more idea: how about having that plank thingy from the horror weapon melee pack, smash the window with it and having it disappear (break) then? is that possible?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 01:56
I ran into problems breaking my windows, so I opted for bulletproof glass and moved on.
All you are really doing with the melee action is triggering an animation for the glass.
That was no problem, based on distance from window when triggered by an action button, just like a door. (animation and collision off)
The problem for me was as you said, getting the strength thing to work right for thrown objects or being shot.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Mongo Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Sooo, you have some clue for me how to change up the door.fpi script sothat the shatter animation is triggered and the collision is switched off when i use that brick, or whatever it might be, in front of the window?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:54:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:54:34