Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Slightly slow touch screen response?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 12:57
Hi,
I am using the latest version of tier1. I noticed a long time ago that for me the getpointerpressed() and other input commands seem a little slow to respond to screen touch. It would be acceptable fora lot of games, but not for quick reaction type games etc. If I tap the screen quickly it does not work unless I keep my finger on the screen for about a second.

I originally thought it was me but noticed a while back that the snake game demo has slightly sluggish response to screen input. I have tried my own code on many android devices with same results. Everything works ok in the editor, but not broadcasted, or apk.

Even running a simple test piece of code ie if screen touched make a sound it is still a bit slow to respond.

Thanks
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 13:29
Haven't noticed this myself, and I have a couple apps which require quick reactions. Seems to be fine both broadcasting and with an apk (the app is published already)...

Can you provide some sample code which illustrates the delay...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 14:22
Hi Funnell7,

It's not just my code that seems to have the touchscreen slow response but also the game demos. As I said just a simple few lines of code ie "if screen touched play sound" is still the same.

What is your apps name, I will download and try on my devices.
Thanks

AGK v2.11 Tier 1
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 14:34
Interesting... I haven't tried any of the game demos, but like I say, I haven't noticed any delay... Try 'Double Jump!'...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funichproductions.doublejump

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Pumpkin Software
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 17:02 Edited at: 11th Feb 2015 17:03
I have double checked and it seems it's my moto g phone, very sluggish screen input on your game, but on my old allwinner a13 tablet, both your game and mine are fine. I wonder what the problem is with my phone, it's running v4.4.4.

Update: googled sluggish screen response moto g and got a few hits about it on forums, will test screen inputs on the tablet from now on.
Thanks

AGK v2.11 Tier 1
WittZi
Years of Service
User Offline
In other news, Double Jump is amazing!
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 09:52
Quote: " In other news, Double Jump is amazing!"

Lol thanks WittZi