Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / The new test flight iOS system.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone has managed to upload an iOS AppGameKit T1 IPA for beta testing using the export option in AppGameKit (mac).

This worked great under the old test flight system and uploading IPA's was really easy and painless. Since apple have integrated it, for me it's been a nightmare and now iTunes connect says that the game for beta testers is processing and does very little else.

Does the export process need additional code to enable this. All my provisioning profiles have been re-created and the app looks good to go aside from push notification error but the binary is valid. I saw that some have added Xcode lines to enable this so I'm wondering if this is something that needs to be implemented into the AppGameKit export process as in theory we will need this for the player at least unless we directly load to the device (Personally I try to avoid linked any of my apple stuff to the mac as it usually blanks it for no reason).

Any thoughts or solutions would be much appreciated I am talking with apple over this but don't want to look silly or make an issue when it's a simple change that's needed before uploading.

If it's not broken don't keep trying to fix it.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 21:14
I think Naphier is the most experienced in this.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 01:00
If it says it's in processing then it is probably waiting for approval from Apple. Since Apple integrated testing into iTunes they require an app to be approved before it can be tested outside your developer account devices.

We looked into this because otherwise it was a potential loop hole that we could use to get the AppGameKit Player available through "testing" without having to worry about Apple refusing to put it on the store, but no.
Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
I was reading that it might be something you need to set in X-code (editing entitlements). If it should "just work" with the export option on AppGameKit then I will pursue Apple to get answers and hope that it isn't x-code related.

I'll post here when and if I resolve the issue so if other users have this issue it may help.

Pawprints
Years of Service
User Offline
Following another post (on the same subject)

The issue was a bug with iTunes connect (surely not)

and push notifications which don't seem to be working using the file export IPA option in AppGameKit as it doesn't seem to include the right files needed for the iPA to be approved by apple.

So either allow for Push notifications to be omitted or make it possible to include the certificates correctly (as far as I understand it)

So it's likely that everyone will have this issue with test flight beta testing if not eventually issues submitting their apps.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 00:30
Quote: "and push notifications which don't seem to be working using the file export IPA option in AppGameKit as it doesn't seem to include the right files needed for the iPA to be approved by apple. "

If I remember correctly it is the provisioning profile that needs to be set to allow push notifications? This is done in your Apple account and then you give the provisioning profile to AGK. The appropriate certificate is pulled from your keychain that matches the provisioning profile.

It is true that AppGameKit links to the push notification functions, but if you never call them then the profile doesn't need to be set up for push notifications, we do this in our driving test apps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 21:06:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 21:06:19