Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Shader version support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I don't see anywhere the range of shader versions and languages that AppGameKit supports, so I am going to assume it is 'anything the gfx / operating system supports' is that a fair guess..? Meaning my choice of shader language should be based on which platforms I need to support?

I want to learn shader programming, however don't want to end up with something that won't work in AppGameKit
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 00:51
AGK targets OpenGL 2.0 on desktop platforms and OpenGL ES 2.0 on mobile platforms. The shader language for both is very similar and usually works on both, just look out for things like #version which should only be used on desktop, and precision modifiers which should only be used on mobile. You'll also get some devices that are more picky than others like requiring every float literal to have a decimal point, whilst others don't mind.

AGK comes with a bloom shader project that you can take apart to see what the shader code looks like.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 23:40:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 23:40:36