Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGKSplash.png - Splash screen not showing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have placed AGKSplash.png in the media folder, but no splash screen shows up either when broadcast to an Android device or run from the desktop. Is this command still current? Would I be better off creating my own splash screen command?
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 10:09
you can use this code for fade your splash.

Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks for the code snippet, will probably implement this. Do you know if AGKSplash.png is still supposed to work, has it been deprecated?
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 11:02
Quote: "Many thanks for the code snippet, will probably implement this."

your welcome.

Quote: "Do you know if AGKSplash.png is still supposed to work, has it been deprecated?"

already I try use AGKSplash.png for my Splash but it don't work for me. Then I wrote my custom splash.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 11:31
I haven't tried the splash option on AppGameKit but just check in case its something to do with this:

I had 4 sound effects loaded into my app as wav files and only one worked, this baffled me for ages until I realised the extension of the file was in another case which windows doesn't show, it wasn't until I looked at the files in Linux that I realised the problem and when I changed them all to lower case it worked as I was loading them as lower case files, eg:

sound1.wav
sound2.WAV
sound3.WAV

Worth a look just in case.

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Case was the first thing I looked at, still doesn't work I'm afraid.
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 11:51
Wasn't it originally placed in the root folder, not the media folder?

Onwards and sometimes upwards
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 13:30
+1 Jim! Placing AGKSplash.png into the root of your project will make it display briefly before your code starts, BUT it's not very elegant. Much nicer IMO to have a custom fade or animated splash.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks for all who helped. Placing AGKSplash.png into the root of the project worked on the PC (and not the media folder as the help file states) When broadcasting though it still did not work.

I will probably use the solution mentioned by CJB though as there seems to be a problem, or a bug with AGKSplash.png. Without the splash screen my code works fine and displays correctly, with the splash screen everything seems to be rendered a lot smaller after the splash screen has disappeared. I am using SetDisplayAspect (3.0/4.0) and the Splash Screen matched this aspect ratio.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 21:07:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 21:07:05