Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK only support english language?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 15:22
Hi.

I want create a application that user can search with persian language but seem AppGameKit only support English Language. if there is any way Please guide me.

Thanks.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 16:30
You can create your own text fonts for languages not covered by the extended font but that might be tricky. I know nothing about persian I'm afraid...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 21:34
Quote: "You can create your own text fonts for languages not covered by the extended font but that might be tricky."

can you explanation more how can make custom font? what I need to do it?

Quote: "I know nothing about persian I'm afraid..."

Why you scared?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 09:27
I have no idea what differences there are in the alphabet but if you get persian keyboards and font then it should be possible to use one of the free bitmap font creators to create a font. If not then you would have to create your own custom atlas image and position 'letters' individually. That would be rather hard to describe without knowing how the language works.

I played all of the 'Prince of Persia' games, they all spoke English in those...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 10:53
I assume we're talking about Pashto - which I think is the most widely-spoken language in Iran? If so, it looks very much like Arabic.

Making images for on-screen text should be easy - but keyboard input could well be a problem - for a start it's written right to left, and the letters join up using quite complicated rules. Basically, it needs a fairly powerful Unicode word-processor to do it.

Behdadsoft will certainly need to use a custom keyboard for touch input.

Onwards and sometimes upwards
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 21:24 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2015 21:26
Quote: "I played all of the 'Prince of Persia' games, they all spoke English in those... "

maybe Prince of Persia grew out of Iran country.

Quote: "I assume we're talking about Pashto - which I think is the most widely-spoken language in Iran?"

no, Pashto is for َََََAfghanestan and Tajikistan. at iran people speak farsi language.

Quote: "Behdadsoft will certainly need to use a custom keyboard for touch input."

yes right, I should use custom keyboard but this work is very hard for use Unicode.but later i study about Unicode and make custom keyboard.

Thanks baxslash

Thanks JimHawkins
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 23:14
Sorry - Been dealing with Aghanistan! Farsi is not dissimilar to Pashto in that the script is Arabic based.

Onwards and sometimes upwards
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 05:29
Quote: "Sorry - Been dealing with Aghanistan!"

no problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:53:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:53:43