Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How long does it take to compile in agk 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 01:29
I just started this morning compiling my game starchips and it is not creating a apk so I guess I go back to agk version one because it should not take all day long to compile.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 01:58
Doesn't take long at all in AGK2 so there is probably something not right there.

Does the game run on the PC from AppGameKit with no problems?

Programming - AMOS on the AMIGA! / DBPro / Python / A bit of C C++ / now also AGK2! - Graphics - Deluxe Paint on the Amiga / Paintshop Pro / Photoshop / Lightroom / Grafx2
Previously worked for Prisma Software producing childrens educational software on the Amiga - Titles - Pepe's Garden - Paint Pot / Kids Academy range - Paint Pot II / Shopping Basket / Which Where What? / Blobs / Alvin's Puzzles
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 16:33 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 16:36
Quote: "I just started this morning compiling my game starchips and it is not creating a apk so I guess I go back to agk version one because it should not take all day long to compile."

You can compile all day long, you will never get an APK. That builds you a .EXE build for windows.

You need to go to FILE -> Export Project -> as Android APK or IOS IPA. Make sure you get the APK Type set right if your Exporting to Android you have 3 options.

Quote: " I guess I go back to agk version one because it should not take all day long to compile."

Never accept defeat
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 17:53
I downgraded and got it to compile. but I forgot to put to do something in version two that I did in version one.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 17:37:02
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 17:37:02