Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Creating custom IDE - How does compiling actually work? (AGK & DBP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 15:05
Hey all,

I'm coding with both AppGameKit and DBP and I've been thinking about writing my own IDE that would support both. Now I understand that the compiler is a seperate exe/application, but how would I go about compiling a project from withing my own written application.

I would like to know this for both AppGameKit and DBP compilers.

Thanks in advanced!

Regards Sph!nx
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 15:21 Edited at: 8th Mar 2015 15:26
Write a custom compiler. I wrote one last simestor for a class. You have to understand tree structures. Antlr is pretty easy to learn. I should post an example here. In antler class I built a simple command line structure that exports code for agk. I do not know if they use a similar program like antler.
write your own compiler and at each leaf node in the compiler add opengl code to do something similar to agk.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 15:25
That might be a bit out of my league. Isn't there a way to execute the existing compilers (AGK and DBP) with additional exe parameters/command lines?

Regards Sph!nx
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 21:21
You might have to ask Paul what the command line arguments are for AppGameKit v2 but for AppGameKit v1 (which still might apply) they were (from memory):
-agk main.agc - compile
-bct main.agc - compile and broadcast
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2015 22:13
Yes, thank you Hodgey!

I did a search before but could not find it. Now after my last search I found all the info I needed. Also for DBP.

I probable used wrong search words or made typos. I feel a bit silly now

Regards Sph!nx

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-24 13:38:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-24 13:38:19