Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Released] Smiley Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 04:13 Edited at: 27th Apr 2015 19:20
No longer available
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2015 11:04
Congratulations on releasing this

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2015 11:06
Why
Quote: "No longer available "
?

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi CJB.

I guess the truth of the matter is that I have never really felt "comfortable" (if that makes sense) in the Android market. I think, for a first attempt, my apps where not too bad, but then again they didn't really push any boundaries. They were a means to learn AppGameKit and the App market.

My main concerns for the Android market was the lack of discoverability and poor returns. True, my apps were not ground breaking and did not have high user retention, but on the stats I did collect, ADMOB earnings are certainly not the way for me to monetise an app. Also, this made me hesitant to invest time in developing more complex apps and IP. I therefore decided to pull out of the Android market and "retire" the apps I made, rather than let them languish there unloved. Also, developing for Android felt very limiting, but by the same token, AppGameKit did not feel the best choice for developing Windows apps.

I think as well (and this is not meant as a criticism) that AppGameKit never really felt like a development tool that I could stay with. As a developer you need to know that your development environment is robust and can create anything you ask of it. I am grateful for AppGameKit for giving me such an easy start in the world of App development, but it just feels like at present it is underfunded. There are so many features that it needs to make it current, and the update cycle seems so slow. It can be a little buggy in places too. Who knows though, if AppGameKit develops a few more targets (HTML5 in particular) then I may be tempted back.

This is not intended to be a negative post though. The community here is great, and to me, that is by the far the strongest part of AppGameKit My time with the Android market and AppGameKit has certainly not been wasted. There are some great people on these boards, and, as for myself, well, sometimes you have to figure out what isn't right to work out what is right.

I still read these boards too, and if I can ever help with a question, will
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2015 15:29
@Polaraul, sorry to see you go re AppGameKit and your APPS, if it is any consolation if thats the correct word to use I thought those little apps were quite nice

The Amiga and Amos were great!
Download my game - Paint Pot from Amazon and Google here - http://leap.my-free.website/
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks Paul, your support and help has always been appreciated Hope to see your apps go from strength to strength
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2015 18:30
I'm very sorry to hear you moving away from AppGameKit (for now at least), although I completely understand your sentiment about the slow updates.

Good luck!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Uzmadesign
Polaraul
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you CJB, and for your help here on the forums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 07:29:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 07:29:37