Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.19 Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 20:29
Quote: "1) databases / sql / ini / data files"

ini and data files are easy to manage, the code is already available as a drop-in module.

Quote: "2) 3d terrain"

You can create a terrain from a height map.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 05:08 Edited at: 4th Jun 2016 05:15
Quote: "The HTML5 export is the single best thing to happen to AppGameKit since 3D was implemented. Thank you for your hard work"

This is a great feature, and really opens a lot of doors for AppGameKit developers. Much appreciation for Paul! THANK YOU!

I have been short of time lately, so I have not made the transition from Tier 1 to Tier 2 as fast I would have liked.

This new feature will make that even worse, as now I am anxious to get my existing Tier 1 games web browser playable.

I have already tested 2 of my more recent game WIPs (Star Castle and Alien Invaders) and both work well using the HTML5 export.

I hope it is acceptable for us to customize the background image and links for the front end webpage.

I'm using that background image for game instructions for input keys on the side panels, which works well.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 08:44
Hi
@ Duffer :

1) databases / sql / ini / data files
For Databases/Sql, I don't know if it's possible. i guess you can create your own function to open/change a sql database, but I'm not sure.

For ini : you can create your own function easily .

What do you mean by data files exactly ?

2) 3d terrain
Yes, you can create terrain from heightmap now. It's very simple and a great result .
See the demo terrain.agk.

3) rigged 3d humanoids - and 3d animation
Since version 2.015, you can import animated 3D models (.dae format works fine, .x should work but not sure).
You load an animated model with LoadObjectWithChildren(), and can play it with PlayObjectAnimation()
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
+10 for native local database support. SQLite in AppGameKit has been requested since 2011! It is something taken for granted in most other platforms (heck even DBPro had a wrapper for it thanks to community work and its open-source nature). SQLite makes storing, retrieving and querying data infinitely easier and more powerful than AGK's OpenToRead/OpenToWrite functionality. SQLite has a straight-forward C++ interface that I wouldn't imagine being extremely difficult to work into AGK's core so that it is accessible to Tier 1 users.
tboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2016 23:58
I think database support is always a bonus, especially SQLite.

Regarding HTML5 I am sure TGC could implement a basic solution
to encapsulate DOM storage or perhaps using the IndexedDB API.

I would like a feature that enables the ability to incorporate
inline JavaScript or atleast add our own custom js modules,
would be most useful.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2016 19:47 Edited at: 8th Jun 2016 20:35
Is there any way we can get the HTML5 player, or specifically the AGKPlayer.js module to use the current web page path, instead of simply looking for AGKPlayer.data?

The reason I ask is that because I'm not a very good web developer, my website uses <base href='//localhost/website/' /> to ensure that 1) All webpages use the same basic folder structure no matter how many levels they are down, and 2) I don't have to redesign my whole website because I'm lazy.

Or, does anyone know the JS to get this info so I can update the file myself?

*****EDIT*****

Ok, the js I need is this...

I've updated the main html to point to the correct location, (script.src = newPathname + "AGKPlayer.asm.js"; var memoryInitializer = newPathname + 'AGKPlayer.html.mem'; and script.src = newPathname + "AGKPlayer.js"; ) but adding this code into AGKPlayer.js to point to AGKPlayer.data still isn't working. (I now get error 'Uncaught Error: Not Found : http://localhost/teamdefiant/AGKPlayer.data' the new path should be 'http://localhost/teamdefiant/software/oot/AGKPlayer.data') Infact, adding a window.alert into AGKPlayer.js doesn't pop up an alert?!?!

HELPS!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 19:19
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2016 22:10
@ All,

Twas in fact I who wrote the SQLITE plugin for DBPro...

I agree SQLITE commands would be excellent - especially if you had true BLOB/Memblock cross-over commands too.
a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2016 19:33
How long until the HTTP commands for HTML5 work?

Works on windows, works on mobile, doesn't on HTML5.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2016 00:30
Further to my above question, I've discovered the following error message in the browser console:
Quote: "XMLHttpRequest cannot load http://www.teamdefiant.co.uk//.folder/file.php. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://localhost' is therefore not allowed access."

The relevant AppGameKit code (excerpt) is as follows:

I notice the double slashes in the url in the browser output that doesn't exist in the AppGameKit code.

Is this a local web server thing or an issue with the HTML5 player?

And as for my issue above dated 8th Jun, I've sorted it. (Since no-one seems to respond to my queries..)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2016 09:28
Anyone??? (De'ja vu here...)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2016 13:01
Quote: "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://localhost' is therefore not allowed access"

Web browsers prevent web pages from making HTTP connections to other servers that are not on the same domain. Since you are running the HTML5 on your local machine the browser will only let you connect to other addresses on your local machine. This is called the Same Origin Policy.

There is an exception to this, if the server hosting the content at www.teamdefiant.co.uk returns the field "Access-Control-Allow-Origin:" in its response header then you can specify addresses that are allowed to access it. For example "Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://localhost" would tell the browser that localhost can access this content, even though it's not on the same domain.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2016 16:16
Ahh, so it'll work fine on a live server?

Cool, I'll see if I can mess with my web hosting to see if i can include that information in the header.

Thanks for the help!! Happy again!
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 27th Jun 2016 19:09
With HTML5 I had errors with chrome, firefox and explorer
but when I uploaded it to my webpage all of the errors went and it works
just something for people who experience loading errors to try
fubar
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 07:27 Edited at: 29th Jun 2016 07:39
Hi.

Please Fix decrease FPS when calling SetSpriteShape() command in to do---loop.

I paid money for current project and now I can't continue develop my game, Please fix it.

Thanks.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 07:59
Or better still, you fix your code like BatVink suggested in your other thread!
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 08:08 Edited at: 29th Jun 2016 08:28
Quote: "Or better still, you fix your code like BatVink suggested in your other thread!"

No, it''s better Fix by TGC. and I answered BatVink at below link that Set Shape manually won't work like SetSpriteShape() command.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/217428#msg2585236

Really I think AppGameKit is not ready and not optimized for big Mobile projects.

if I finish current project, I never use AppGameKit again for big projects and I would advise others not to use it. because always there is have big challenge with small and basic issues in AGK.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 10:03 Edited at: 29th Jun 2016 10:03
Quote: "Please Fix decrease FPS when calling SetSpriteShape() command in to do---loop."

Sweet jesus! this isn't a bug, it's a very processor intensive command!

You can't keep writing poor code and expect TGC to rewrite AppGameKit to suit your projects! Many people have suggested fixes to your issues which you seem to ignore.

"Poor design on your part does not a buggy language make."
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 10:13 Edited at: 29th Jun 2016 10:16
Quote: "You can't keep writing poor code and expect TGC to rewrite AppGameKit to suit your projects! "

I don't want TGC rewrite AppGameKit for me. but they can fix problems and make it easy for all developers.

Quote: "Many people have suggested fixes to your issues which you seem to ignore."

I read their suggested but still could not solve the problem.

EDIT: Unfortunately, AppGameKit is good work for hard issues but it good not work for easy issues. and This is deceptive.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2016 11:22
Quote: ". but they can fix problems"

But this issue isn't a problem. It's a misunderstanding about how intensive the command is.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:30:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:30:47