Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sprites/Blue screen solutions: Which one?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2003 19:22
I read thru the sprites/blue screen tutorial. Makes total sense. Got solution three sorta working. Not totally. I'm trying to decide which solution I should go with.

I have a complex background graphic and a couple scrollable areas. I need to move sprites over all this. Would you recommend the "set sprite" solution? I suppose I can do a GET IMAGE just before showing the sprite, then replace the background when the sprite moves. Yes?

Do you think this is the most efficient way to go? Or other?

Thanks for your advice
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You might get more replies if you skipped that tutorial, and just explain what you want to do. We don't all do the tutorials.

Pincho.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2003 02:59
I just combat the blue screen with a cls at the top of the loop.

Don't know if it's the most efficent but it is the easiest.

The get image command is slow, try it but I think it will not be fast enough.

dbpro : p166mmx @ 233 : 256mb : sb 128pci : sis onboard
ProfessorKill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2003 14:32 Edited at: 15th Dec 2003 14:32
@Winch

I opted for SET SPRITE with my background concerns. I'm using GET IMAGE to capture the "underneath" before placing the sprite.

Quote: "The get image command is slow, try it but I think it will not be fast enough."

How slow? My game is turn based so I'm hoping this won't be a factor. Does it -seriously- slow down moving sprites? How many sprites on screen before the slowness would be noticable?

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 12:06:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 12:06:47