Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Community Game/Dark City

Author
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2017 23:31
Quote: "The models provided my arrojar (ie the vehicles you used in the junkyard level) are models and textures from the STALKER games. I recommend you change them."

That's not good. That's not good at all.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 00:00 Edited at: 7th Jul 2017 00:28
@ seppgirty Ok, options here... first remodel & texture most of the cars (can do, takes time..think of it as a challenge) or, find a similar pack and buy it
Quick fix is to buy a pack, but where? Will look around tonight.

Ok, after a quick look it seems doable. Need your help. Find me some free to use low poly cars, trucks and other stuff
and I'll quickly throw it together. Being a junkyard it's only a matter of twisting the mesh and a simple re-texture
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 06:05 Edited at: 7th Jul 2017 06:11
Here are the images.

@ncmako Are the NightCityDocs pack vehicles doable for this?

Btw since STALKER is a (very) popular Slavic game. along with FPSC being widely used in the Russian Community, so the models may have been converted into .X files. In fact I saw some post there where they imported various weapons from Counter Strike and STALKER into FPSC as experiments (it was written that they were meant only for showcase) upon further investigation.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 11:09
Mriganka
Quote: " Are the NightCityDocs pack vehicles doable for this"

Yes, of course, just a matter of a good texture.
Ok, the pictures speak for themselves
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 13:40 Edited at: 7th Jul 2017 23:04
i believe rolphy released some cars for non commercial use. i think i posted some on google before. i'll look later. I also have some dark matter cars to use.we can solve this no problem.

EDIT.........................................................
It was jz's car pack and it's in over all models folder. I'll look for more. Also there is sitters models. http://md2.sitters-electronics.nl/
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 16:42 Edited at: 8th Jul 2017 09:25
@seppgirty & @ncmako I would like to introduce a part of reviewing each other's versions of levels where we specifically state two things - how does it's gameplay fare wrt to the previous FPSC games (which I would dub bad for most) and wrt recent indie titles (if you have played any).

And btw we could open our own Discord chat group.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 00:03
@ seppgirty I really dont remember anything like "cars" from Rolfy But I'll check around.
Now the Dark Matter I do remember, it had some good stuff. Yep, already took some of JZ's stuff
and worked on them. Just need to find a license for use to be sure.
Now "Sitters Models" is a great site, thanks for that one. Incredible stuff. Looking for a user license,
is there one? Can't find it.

@ Mriganka
Quote: "reviewing each other's versions of levels "

Absolutely, how would you like to go about this?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 06:04
I would like to propose a an FAQ questionnaire by the designer and the other players will respond to the FAQ and will traverse through the levels thoroughly to find bugs and glitches and will provide a detailed review of the flow pacing and overall design and environments of the level.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 14:29
Quote: "@ seppgirty I really dont remember anything like "cars" from Rolfy "

Yeah, i edited the post to say JZ and not rolphy. Remember, there are cars in Dark City model pack also. JZ's cars can be used in non commercial games. A licensees comes with sitters downloads in the folder. I'll get you some DM cars ASAP. attached is sitters license.

If we are going to beta test some levels now we have to set up the player. here is what the player must have and this is writtn in stone.

200 health
3 lives
colt 45 as the starting weapon with 3 clips of ammo. All other weapons will be pick ups.
Speed/hurt fall 100

Quote: "I would like to propose a an FAQ questionnaire by the designer and the other players will respond to the FAQ and will traverse through the levels thoroughly to find bugs and glitches and will provide a detailed review of the flow pacing and overall design and environments of the level."

I will just post the levels. you can give me your input. Then i'll see what i can do.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 14:47 Edited at: 9th Jul 2017 15:06
I think we should put up an IMDB page. And I have a nice picture as a cover (attached).

@seppgirty Holy crap! That is an awesome site! Btw what are the permissions to use the models from that site? And what about other stuff available at the linked sites like risen3D and such?

Attachments

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2017 15:47
Quote: "I think we should put up an IMDB page. And I have a nice picture as a cover (attached).
"

I think we are still a ways off from promoting the game. Be patient my friend.

Quote: "@seppgirty Holy crap! That is an awesome site! Btw what are the permissions to use the models from that site? And what about other stuff available at the linked sites like risen3D and such?"

I attached the sitters license in the post above yours. I think the official rizen stuff is just for that game.

@ all

This is the progress thread and should only show the progress of the game. All questions and comments should stay in the other thread.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 01:21
@ seppgirty Thank you, got all the stuff.
Yep, understood, will put all of these in place..
Quote: "200 health
*3 lives
*colt 45 as the starting weapon with 3 clips of ammo. All other weapons will be pick ups.
*Speed/hurt fall 100"

No problem

@ Mriganka Yeah, I'll just be happy if we can pull this off

@ everyone, I might have a solution to the "Multi Level" problem. Been slowly working
with ched80's "maptastic" scripts. Just had a break thru, can easily unlock next level
only after completing first one (using a lot of variables) There's one catch (there always is )
Turn Imageblock "off"

The game only needs one game .exe, right? We're all using Bi V10.5, correct? Ok, bear with me,
We each build our level/levels, call the .exe DarkCity. The .exe name stays the same, but in the
Levelbank\testlevel\Level1" you can easily change the "Level1" to "Level2"...ect (what ever your build level is, mine is 4 & 5)

We all pool our "files" into one big one. Don't worry, most of us are using most of the same stuff, right?
The we get our "levelbank\testlevel\ builds together (1 thru 5)
With the first level unlocked, Maptastic's scripts will unlock next level when first is completed.
Sounds big/complicated but it's really not...
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/187353
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 05:53 Edited at: 10th Jul 2017 06:02
When do we start making the cutscenes? My static level is done. Only thing left is the npc providing the voice acting, cutscenes, custom AI and as overall the UI. I have an experience of making scripts (I used to make them for comics for a cousin of mine). SO should I jot the dialogues down for the game or my level?

@ncmako I think we should make the mapstatic map available from the main menu and pause menu (as it would not be proper if we change location on the fly as the story wouldn't fit properly into the next playthrough). Can you try to make it like a missions menu after the game/level(s) is completed? But the idea for it is great!

@everyone I have this question... in games (generally) the pacing in managed by putting sections of walks (with conversation or atmosphere) or puzzles. Since we are mostly doing a single level each, how do you think we will manage that?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 19:50
@ Mirganke Your kinda right about the "Maptastic" problem (going form one level to another without some control.
Have been working on a "Menu" system from within a built level itself...hard to explain, but it seems to work?
Slowly getting control of each level only when prior level is finished
Quote: " the pacing in managed by putting sections of walks (with conversation or atmosphere) or puzzles"

I don't understand what your getting at, I'm lost
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 20:18
Quote: "When do we start making the cutscenes? My static level is done. Only thing left is the npc providing the voice acting, cutscenes, custom AI and as overall the UI. I have an experience of making scripts (I used to make them for comics for a cousin of mine). SO should I jot the dialogues down for the game or my level?
"

We'll start on the cut scenes soon enough. We will all have to do voice overs and get other people involved for that. The cut scenes will be a motion comic style. I will write most of the dialog.

PLEASE, keep these conversions in the other thread. This is the show off thread.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 03:56 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 04:49
@ seppgirty
Quote: "This is the show off thread"

Ok then.... time to show off some stuff Have been very busy working on a menu system we could use if the "other guys"
can't get a working program. Below is attached a very simple build, 4 levels, level one is the menu. Just start the game as
normal. Hit "esc" to bring up menu, hit "load game" a simple menu to the left appears.

You can stay in the main menu (which is level 1) or click on level 1 (which is actually level 2 )
Just walk through the room to other side and you'll hit the "winzone" Level 1 is complete.
It goes back to "Main Menu" and when you hit "loadgame" you will now have "level1 & Level 2" available!
Go through all three levels, at anytime you can hit "esc" to bring up menu again.
Play with it and see what you think???

Edit: Ok, even at only 30megs it wont let me post it here. So I uploaded it to Google Drive
under the "Other" folder Also, I tested the download and figured I can streamline it a bit.
I'm going to try and place the "Levels Finished" on the "Title Page" at the very beginning.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 16:01
@ everyone, in my haste to finish and upload the Menu build I uploaded the wrong one last night
Have now uploaded the correct build "DarkCity Working Menu" on google drive under the "Folder" section.
Please try out and let me know of any bugs ? Just load a Chapter and walk through room to other side until
you hit winzone. Rest is self explanatory.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 04:37
@ everyone Been working out some small ideas I had and wanted your thoughts. Instead of the traditional
"loading screen" with the typical loading bar, I thought of using a Colt45 shooting a bullet?
Was very easy to make and works great. see attached pic..
Also, tried out some other "splash" screen ideas. This one is made directly "Inside" of fps creator.
It's a very small level, plays quick...it's not an .avi file.

We have so many commands, there really isn't much that can't be done.

Attachments

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 14:05
@ncmako This is looking cool!
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 23:49
@ncmako
dial it back a little there pal. These loading screens are going to look better than my levels. Great job on those. Also, for those flip pics in the video, do you want to use captures from our levels?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 12:22
@ seppgirty
Quote: " do you want to use captures from our levels?"

Yes, absolutely. I've just been using comic pics I find.
Also let me know what the/a final name would be for this project.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2017 13:52
@ncmako The style is already great. What would be awesome is to include some 80s style music in there. Like the Netflix show Stranger Things.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 15:46
Mriganka
Quote: " include some 80s style music in there"

Ok, I watched "Stranger Things" several times. Loved it. But that was more on the horror side I thought?
I'll check it out again (the sound track) Or are you leaning more toward a "Starsky & Hutch" style beat?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2017 20:26
I am leaning more towards the beat. Make the style of the game feel classic 80s (as it was suggested by seppgirty in the same way in the other thread).
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
I look at this and say, "Can I really build levels in that quality?" ...

Good job ,people!
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 00:17
Quote: "Good job ,people!"

Thanks man.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 04:42
Hello all. My most humble apologies for going AWOL on you, but I had a bit of trouble with my ticker.

I see that you are nearly complete and tweaking things, and it's looking AWESOME! I knew you guys would put in some new and cool tech. You're not only making a game but taking FPSC to a new level. So sorry I couldn't be part of this one. Perhaps next time if I feel up to it. I'm still here and watching. Keep up the great work.

Brian.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 17:15 Edited at: 6th Aug 2017 00:11
@ Xplosys Great to see you again, I had a feeling something went amiss?
Do check in from time to time. We still have "Max Hellion" to make
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 21:38
Quote: " but I had a bit of trouble with my ticker.
"

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 04:01
Ok, after a long month of playing catch-up, finished all the models I need for
the scarp yard level 5. ( and some extras if any one needs some ???)
School bus is my favorite. You can walk through it. Cargo truck has open back end for items.
Will work on finishing level5, scripts, music and anything else...

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 04:21 Edited at: 11th Aug 2017 04:36
Quote: "Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now."

All is well for now. Thanks.

Quote: "all the models I need for the scarp yard level 5 "

Awesome models bud. Love the bus, and the tankers would make great barriers as well.

Quote: "We still have "Max Hellion" to make"

Did you mean "Max Holocaust"? LOL
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 04:28
@ncmako Looking cool! Can you upload the school-bus to Google Drive, I see a great use of it in my prison - exterior level.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 11:11
Mriganka I uploaded the "Scarp Yard" cars to G-Drive under the "Over all models" folder.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 15:19
@ncmako Got 'em. Btw check these scripts out.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 10:22
Mirganka Nice scripts, I'll add these to game play. Only I don't have the bullet impact sounds. Could you send them to me please.
One thing though with scripts, I make it a habit not to use "spaces" for "file paths" in scripts. It has caused problems in the past
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 17:31
@ncmako I will clean up the scripts and send release them on the forums asap.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2017 21:52
Meet Sunshine Delight.

Working on the story dialog right now. Very excited.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2017 14:42
@ seppgirty
Quote: "Meet Sunshine Delight"

She looks like "The Lady in Red" Lol Looks good otherwise.
Take your time, with this storm heading our way, who knows what will happen?
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2017 23:54
Quote: "Take your time, with this storm heading our way, who knows what will happen?"

Hopefully you guys don't get hit to hard.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2017 20:21
@Seppgirty Sent you a response to your email. Yes, dialog works good
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2017 23:16
good. working on more dialog.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 03:29
I came back to check in every now and then, I wish I had more time, I truly feel like I missed the bus!

This winter (in about 2 months) I will have plenty of down time as things slow down at work.

I just wanted to say, you gents have done a grand job! I cant wait to have a go at this. Also, FYI, the google drive says its almost full. Email me if it hits full.

PAIN!
Me = noob
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2017 23:44
Quote: ". Also, FYI, the google drive says its almost full. Email me if it hits full. "

Sorry Pain. I didn't know we took up all of your space. I'll look to see what i can clear out.

Quote: "This winter (in about 2 months) I will have plenty of down time as things slow down at work.
"

Cool, Glad to know.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 09:09
Hey guys, I will see if I can get Armageddon Games back to perform some soundtracks.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 11:37
@ Mriganka Armageddon Games, yes I forgot. Thanks for remembering him.
He was/is very good a making sound tracks...
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2017 23:30
Quote: "Hey guys, I will see if I can get Armageddon Games back to perform some soundtracks.
"

Great idea.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2017 07:55
No worries, I will add more space if needed. it does not cost much and no, you guys are using about 25%. I have lots more of my own stuff up in the google drive.
Me = noob

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:58:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:58:12