Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Need help. Built game with 3 maps doesn't load.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,
I am new here and I have a problem with my built game. Hopefully you can help me.
It currently consists of 3 levels. All levels can be tested with "Test Level", without any errors and with compliance with the 1.85GB limit.
If I let all 3 levels compile at the same time, without an error message, and start my built game, I come to the menu.
When starting with "New Game" loads the first level, from a certain time in the loading screen it hangs and the game ends without a message.
If I compile the game with a different level order, the same thing happens.
But when I compile each level individually, they are loaded and I can play them normally. What can this be?

My System:

i7 4700K
16GB
1080Ti
Windows 10 64Bit
FPSC 1.20.018 with Black Ice Mod 10.5

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Regards
Mike
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2018 12:01
MMper2 Hi and welcome I glad you posted your systems spec's.
Before I give you a lot of suggestions, try a few simple things first.
Since your running win10 & Black Ice mod, open your game folder
and in the main directory make sure the three .dll's copied over. ( msvcp71.dll msvcr71.dll msvcr100.dll )
Most likely it did. Then right click your main game .exe and "Uncheck" any compatibility settings & test run again.
I have found with Win10 most of my builds don't like any compatibility settings turned on Sometimes it works ?
IF that doesn't work, try turning on Admin Rights next and so on...
Try these first, and if it still fails to start let us know and we'll try some other things
I'm sure it's an easy fix...
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
MMper2
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako
Thanks for your quick reply.

I had already tried that but without success.
I've found out that FPSC requires more RAM when loading a level, and especially when loading a 2nd level and so on, than when building the test build or compiling the game.
I suspect that FPSC then exceeds the 2GB limit when loading the level and crashes.
Is it possible to override this 2GB limit of the actual game EXE, as with the editor?
Otherwise, it is always a guess if the created and executable level can then be loaded in the game.

Thanks for the help
MMper2
Years of Service
User Offline
The same problem now occurs in the FPSC game Doomed.
When loading level 10, the game crashed without an error message.
After I changed "dividetexturesize = 2" to "dividetexturesize = 4",
the level loaded without problems.

Have you ever noticed this error?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2018 23:14 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2018 23:14
MMper2
Quote: "I had already tried that but without success"

Ok, good to know.
Quote: "I suspect that FPSC then exceeds the 2GB limit when loading the level and crashes"

Quote: "Is it possible to override this 2GB limit"

Then it should not have been able to "build" the 3 levels at all... But, there is an override for the 2Gig limit.
It's only available for the test runs and editor. Open up your setup.ini file ( it's in the main directory )
Scroll down to systemmemorycapoff=0 Change the 0 (zero) to a 1 (one) This command is not available in the final build.
But then again, like I said, it wouldn't build in the first place If your system memory cap is ON by chance, try another build with it off and test.

If it still fails, then my next suggestion would be a DX9c install. I know your running win10, you probably have DX12, but a few/some small files might
be missing I have found in the past a reinstall of DX9c replaces the files and all is well. A DX web installer is included with Black Ice in the "tools" folder.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 00:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 00:28:43