Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dark Realm 3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 04:25
Happy Holidays, and with that I have a present for you. For those of you who don't know, and I suspect there's a alot, since I have been working on this for some time and there are many newcomers, this is a nine weapon, 3 map First-Person-Shooter. The last release of was on March 2, 2002, and now here is the conclusion of the Dark Realm series. I've recoded part of the particle system so that smoke particles float upward and sparks fall downward, instead of just flying outward.

Enjoy!

http://www.xeridox.com/downloads.htm

Darin Snow
Xeridox Entertainment Group
Please visit our website for regular updates!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 04:49
w00t, thanks Xeridox, I'm on my way! Happy Holidays & Good Job!

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

FOCAIDASD, geri.
the desktops
Years of Service
User Offline
can feature your second release on the darkgameplayer

TheDesktops Software
Current Project: DarkGamePlayer
Attention: DarkBasic Game Devs, you can now post your game on the new DarkGamePlayer
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 19:29
Why would he do that with such a great game, it would be a waste!

I am mischeivious
RoooooOoooooKoooooKoooooRoooooOoooooKoooooKooooo!
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 20:24 Edited at: 26th Dec 2003 20:39
It's a crying shame I can't seem to join any games. I hate shooting nothing but walls.

Awesome graphics, but the frame-rate fluctuates between 25 and 10 fps.

specs:
Gateway 2.6 Gigahertz Celeron
256 Megs of RAM
Intel Graphics Card that came with it - grrr.

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2003 07:08
To join a game, you'll need to know either the ip of the person to join with, or you'll need another computer on a LAN. Sorry, as I never got around to creating a big server that everyone could join games from. Hopefully, we'll see something like that in the near future.

Northern_Fist, ditto here, only my CPU is slow and the graphics card is fast, P2 266MHz, 192MB RAM, GeForce2 MX. I usually get 10 to 50 FPS.

Darin Snow
GenTekZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2004 23:57
Xeridox. I would like for you to post a direct link to me for Return To Phobos. i really need it. your past thread is out of order and your links for websites arent working. please help as i just became a DB programer and i really need somthing good.
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 02:17
I took return to Phobos down because it infringes copyright due to the ripped images and music. Due to this interest, I will begin working on fixing that right away, as well as optimize the code. More on this and it's new name later...

Darin Snow
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2004 20:42
Hi Xeridox,

Sorry I haven't posted here again yet, I've been expiriencing trouble getting the game to run at all . This happened with Axes of Evil (well the former lasted a bit longer) before I upgraded my drivers. Sigh.

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

I am the chainsaw paladin.
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2004 04:48
Sorry to hear that, Mouse....

...a secret revealed...
To activate the Excessive mode in Dark Realm 2 and 3:

Press the tilde (~) key, you will see a command prompt at the top of the screen. Type \Excessive=1 and press enter. It must be capitalized, if that don't work, change the slash to a front slash, can't remember which it is. Every weapon will be super charged with ammo and rapid fire. Careful, as those plasma nuke bursts a little too close together will explode right in front of you!

Enjoy!

Darin Snow
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2004 17:45
would you be interested in using my matchmaker app to launch darkrealm? Its free from my website and performs MP matching by passing the IP of the host and the selected map name to all clients and the host. Well, the host app is informed to host ans is given the map information. Thats about as close as we DB users can get to a real game loby for free.

internet gaming group
current project http://home.comcast.net/~norman.perry/Archon.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:19:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:19:49