Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / How do we install an IPA to our own device without going through TestFlight

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2019 17:35 Edited at: 26th Nov 2019 17:39
Since iTunes no longer manages apps and when dragging an IPA via Xcode Device Manager gives an error saying that it couldn't find a bundle (or something like that) how do we get the app on the device without having to upload it to iTunesConnect, and add to TestFlight. The problem with TestFlight is that it requires Apple to approve it each time and that can take days.

I can send the proper error message Xcode says when dragging on to the device with Device Manager a little later on.

I have also tried this with an Adhoc build/provision. And my iOS device has been added to the list of devices the provision/certificates accept.

My app currently crashes AppGameKit Player but only on iOS, Android is fine. Because of this I want to be able to install it to the device to see if it's the player or not. It is waiting to be reviewed for TestFlight at the moment, and attached to a closed group that only has me on it. But having to wait 2 to 3 days everytime I want to do a quick test is a bit much.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2019 09:03 Edited at: 7th Dec 2019 09:13
So is TestFlight the only way to get an IPA on an iOS device now then with AppGameKit?

Waiting up to 3 days for Apple to review it each time just so that I can test it on my device seems ridiculous, especially when I can get an Android APK file on my phone in a couple of minutes.

The other issue I also have now is that the latest iOS AppGameKit Player doesn't work with ScreenToWorldX() and ScreenToWorldY() and I can't use the latest AppGameKit version (2019.11.27) because it doesn't open on my MacBook. This is also causing issues with the latest AppGameKit Player on Android. 2019.09.x doesn't export to iOS so I've had to fall back to 2019.05.22 and keep my fingers crossed that the iOS version works in a few days once Apple has reviewed it, and I'm able to test it.

EDIT: Strange, but I've just uploaded another version to iTunesConnect and it was approved immediately. The last 2 within the last week or so I've had to wait for Apple to approve it. It would still be good to get it on my device skipping this until I'm ready to release it to other users to test.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 13:02:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 13:02:47