Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / [SOLVED] Tooltips lost with Include files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2020 13:53
I put a set of functions in a separate INCLUDE file but I noticed that in the main program those functions lose their highlighting and tooltips. Is there any way to fix that? I would like to retain those features.

See the image attached for context. Left side is the program with all the new functions. Right side is the program using the Include file.

CSL

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 19th Mar 2020 12:01
You use #include command or just add .dba files to the main .dbpro project?
CSL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 17:05
I use the #include command.
CSL
Dimis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 20:17
I think, you just need to open and close the included file once, the functions will highlight normally even after you close the file.
To avoid browsing for the file every time you reopen the editor, maybe you could try adding the file to the project as a resource file from the solution explorer panel, so you will just click to open the file from the window directly.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 23:49
Historically speaking, the Dark BASIC Professional IDE (Synergy?) used to scan all of the "#include" and automatically update the IntelliSense ... but the version of it that it uses isn't actually compatible with the Modern IntelliSense., as it uses some deprecated functions; so it'll call them, but they don't do anything anymore.

At some point I'll look into it, as it should be an easy enough fix.
Just have to update it to the Modern APIs and rebuild it... but in the mean time opening the .dba should result in it updating the IntelliSense for the whole project.
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 19:06
@CSL
#include doesn't work such way as i know.You need to have all #include be opened in editor to get functions highlighted.Or just include files in main .dbpro file.
Mage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2020 01:07
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
I was just doing this. I use an include statement since I like everything being in the source code. However when you have the source code loaded in Synergy, you can go to open file, and open the included file. As long as Synergy has the second file open you'll see those tool tips. There's a way to make this permanent, by adding the second file to the project. It's just in the menu there.

Mage's Modular Code - Get awesome UI controls and powerful Bitmap Fonts!
Screen Device Recovery - Stop your apps from crashing when minimized/tabbed/screen locked.
CPU Friendly Frame Limiter - Make your app generate less computer heat + noise, and use less battery life!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 11:11:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 11:11:34