Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGK Studio Tier 2 vs AGK Classic Tier 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2020 19:25
Hey there,

I'm curious, is there a difference between the tier 2 stuff of AppGameKit Classic vs AppGameKit Studio? I mean studio uses the Vulkan renderer so that should be in with tier 2 there as well?

What about the github repo? It is tier 2 classic, right?

Thanks!
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2020 04:32
From what I can tell there really isn't much difference. I could be wrong but I don't see. The only difference I can see is pretty much that studio's tier 2 has the ability to use vulkan just like tier 1. And I believe that it will work just like tier 1 in that it will use opengl on platforms that vulkan isn't accessable. Now make the code use opengl only is a little trickier on tier 2 as you have to modify code in the core file I believe to change the renderer unlike using the renderer command in tier 1. Coding for users seems to be the same for both classic and studio.
Xaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2020 14:40
So I successfully compiled the tier 2 version of AppGameKit from Github and can link the lib. But I see there are quite some differences vs the AppGameKit Studio version. So my question is:

Is the Github version the older "classic" one, or is it somehow on par?
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, this is only Classic. They didn't make their studio version public.
Xaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2020 12:23
Thank you Mike.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:06:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:06:26