Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [LOCKED] Request for Feature Completion to TGC and Plans for AGK

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2021 11:56
Depending on the roadmap and dev plans, both Option 2 $50 / year for Classic and Option 3 $25/ year/ platform, no royalty would be my favorites.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
Use virtual resolution instead of the default percentage system." - Digital Awakening
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 16:49 Edited at: 6th Feb 2021 16:53
So, from lack of reply I take it most people would want Studio but do not consider the $100/year a fair price.

So let’s compare the pricing to similar subscription services and the cost of paid engines spread across 5 years.
I’ll look at only full packages comes with no limitations, just like what AppGameKit Studio would be

GameMaker Studio (spread cost across 5 years) = $89/year
Clickteam Fusion (spread cost across 5 years) = $129/year
Construct 3 = $116/year
GDevelop = $96/year
Stencyl = $199/year
GameSalad = $299/year
Buildbox = $599/year - if you also want monetisation features like AdMob,
Buildbox = $239/year - if you don’t want ads and in-app purchase also lots of other limitations

The average is: $166/year if we are not including the ridiculous $599/year price tag of Buildbox

Now, I do know for a fact, Stencyl, Buildbox, GameSalad and Clickteam Fusion do struggle so their prices probably worth excluding as well as it doesn’t work for them, which brings the total average down to: $100.33/year including only GameMaker Studio, GDevelop and Construct 3.

It is tells me $100/year is reasonable for full, unlimited access to all features and services.

However, considering TGC also do struggle and most people is not willing to pay $100 each year, then how about $75/year but not including monetisation features and $100/year for monetisation options? I mean if you plan to make money from ads then paying $100 is not a huge investment. Would that make sense?
Of course let's consider the possibility TGC would provide frequent updates and transparent roadmap in return maybe even some gifts to subscribers only..
To make subscription model even more attractive, TGC could also offer some free goodies, asset packs, examples, templates each month to subscribers only. Nothing big I am not talking about hundreds of sprites but only a few sprites, sounds, some code snippets..etc each month. This is what Clickteam is trying to do now with the Reactor subscription model and considered how much they ignore regular users and focus on Reactor subscribers only, I guess it may be working for them.

I have added Option4 to the above list to reflect this idea.
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 17:46
Zigi.. from the lack of replies, I think everybody has tired of your endless diatribes. Please stop. This thread could have been constructive but you turned it into a mess.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
n00bstar wrote: "This thread could have been constructive but you turned it into a mess."

Funny, you are the only one here who did not have a single constructive idea in this topic but you constantly criticising everybody for their comments, requests, suggestions and get personal all the time.
Leave me alone dude and I'll leave you alone. How about that?
n00bstar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 18:22
Read the thread again, you'll see I brought up a number of constructive points.

Please stop posting the same arguments over and over again with each post. You're making this thread unreadable and you are derailing it from its original intended purpose constantly with page-long rants that add nothing to the conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 18:34 Edited at: 6th Feb 2021 18:35
n00bstar wrote: "you are derailing it from its original intended purpose constantly with page-long rants that add nothing to the conversation."

You mean to your conversation. Conversation doesn't have to be linear. You share your thoughts, I share mine, then we can reply/comment on each others thoughts if we so wish. But we don't have to we can just ignore each other and this is what I did so far, n00bstar, nah, not interested, Why can't you do the same?

The title says:
"Request for Feature Completion to TGC and Plans for AGK"

I have shared my list of features I want free or paid
I have shared my list of ideas, suggestions for both AppGameKit and TGC because I do remember and I DO care about the fact Rick mentioned TGC can NO LONGER offer free updates.
Everybody can do the same, and share their thoughts and it doesn't have to be linear. I can't see why is my page long rants ruined anything, not interested no need to read it, you can reply to anyone, no need to reply to me.

Anyway, honestly you can relax I am done. I have nothing else to add. At this point I only wait for TGC to make their decision on the future. Nothing else.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2021 20:14
This thread has become unproductive. locked
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2021 05:02
My biggest, and only complaints really are around the 3d support: got to have cube maps, and scaling in objects and animations should not break things. These are pretty fundamental. I'll agree that using 3d assets in general is a lot more complicated than it should be. I would love love love asynchronous asset loading on a background thread but that's a bonus
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:19:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:19:05