Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Failed to read AGKPlayer.js file?

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 01:20 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 01:21
Anyone have any idea what this is all about?

Compiles fine from Classic!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Attachments

Login to view attachments

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 02:54
not sure. says it's not "reading" it vs not "finding" it... (they're all in "...AppGameKit Studio\media\data\html5").
did you try export without dynamic memory ticked?
[My Itch.io Home] [Community Apps on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 03:25
Yeah tried all options, nada

Classic exports it fine though, I keep my important stuff on a partition "D" of the main drive so maybe Studio is struggling with that, just another Studio flaw I guess.

Ill try a reinstall tomorrow see if that helps, I don't use studio much but was on the UI work so its kind of a must, cant be dealing with the endless cycle of "edit-run-edit-run" placing the UI items ..

4 days solid coding in Classic and nothing to drastic, only issues were caused by me, 2 hours in Studio and I'm pulling my hair out!! lol
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 09:23 Edited at: 31st Aug 2021 09:28
I had exactly the same trouble with the export for ORBITER in Studio (this, and the window size not setting correctly). Don't bother using Studio for HTML5 export at the moment, it won't work correctly. I had to use Classic as well.

If you want to scale:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/809

If you want to use a Joystick:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/810

"Glad" that more users experienced that, I have reported it:
https://github.com/TheGameCreators/AGK-Studio/issues/861
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2021 15:20
I was unable to test the scaling because I can get an export but my Classic export works fine, they need to backport the additional Studio functions to Classic compiler and write Studio off as a bad project, don't get me wrong it came in handy for the UI placement but once I got the scene file I'm back to classic, The TGC crew are great coders but they don't seem to understand what a user wants from an IDE.

Lee seems focused on "no-code" engines and I get that I really do and the push to get basic users to use C++ was a sign to me that they are stepping away from the IDE completely, I don't know how the sales went for Studio but I'm betting it tanked a little...

How about, put an open licence on the AGKLibrary and let me build my own engine from it, I have already done the ground work porting the lib to Lua, a editor half built with wxWidgets and a real hunger for an IDE that "just works" but with the licencing restrictions there is no point going any further... Can I even release a game made with a private engine built from the Core .. its Lua so it exposes the core function set so again the licence, I actually have the same issue with PureBasic, its funny how the 2 most expensive (non free) tools in my box that do everything I want cant be used for the things I want them for .... whats the point!, I might as well go use free tools under MIT and do whatever I like!

Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2021 16:11
I tried to export to HTML5 today to test something in both the June and September version of Studio. I got the same error with both versions.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2021 16:36
For those with the error, have you been able to do html export before? Can you read the JS file to ensure not corrupted? (there's apparently several of them)
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 01:04
Yeah HTML5 export worked a couple of versions ago, fresh install and the same issue so if the file is corrupt its been packaged like that!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2021 19:41
What's your current version? I'm on Build 2021.06.14 (look at ChangeLog.txt)
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 01:16
Same, Build 2021.06.14, I didn't bother with the update.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 02:54 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 03:01
i've never had this error and have been able to export HTML all along (including via studio which i rarely code with).

can we try to find what's different between us?

one thing i know is that PTC and Kevin mentioned using #included files which i never do. hosch? others?

win10, here. no specs mentioned on the issue as reported, including studio version(s) involved.

it all might help the issue get resolved quicker?

google forum search returned (surprisingly) very little re: AGKPlayer.js, in general (hoped some old issue resurfaced).
[My Itch.io Home] [AGK on Itch.io]
[AGK Resource Directory] [TGC @ GitHub]
[CODE lang=agk] YOUR CODE HERE [/CODE]
[VIDEO=youtube] VIDEO ID [/VIDEO]
[AGK Showcase][Google Forum Search]
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 07:14 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 07:41
I don't get the error as in the 1st post in either classic or Studio. I can export to html5 fine and run locally using apache, but only from classic. Studio just bombs out and doesn't create an HTML5 folder and that's running as admin. I'll investigate further. oh when running classic exported HTML5 on apache locally via firefox, chrome and other browsers, I get errors saying it doen;t like some commands and gives line number which refers to commands LoadObject and a texture commands I can't recall top of my head. I'd of thought those would have been fine. Oh well.

[edit-ok seems to now run ok using apache but nothing displays which is possibly down to me (classic only)]
[edit2-need to convert the textures to png oops.]
[]edit3-nope that's not it all textures are png, will figure it out, either that or html5 just doesn't work in classic either]
[edit4-updated code to include shader used but get error, see pic]

Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 11:54 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 11:55
Virtual Nomad wrote: "
one thing i know is that PTC and Kevin mentioned using #included files which i never do. hosch? others?"

I am using #included files, yes. Other than that I see no difference. WIN 10 here and using the same AppGameKit Studio versions. So the included files might be a hint.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 12:04
Well I reset my system last night and just installed 2021.09.20 and it exports fine, rolled back to 2021.06.14 and success, looks like a local file corruption issue that I can now not replicate!!

Quote: "For those with the error,"

Try complete uninstall, registry clean and defrag, also disable any file shields (only for testing mind), I have a feeling this relates to AVG? anyone else using AVG?

@BOTR, I don't think emscripten converts shaders, you will need to target the function set and syntax for WebGL 1 (GLSL ES 1.0), I had to disable some shaders to get my project to compile but this is not an AppGameKit fault, I read about lots of issues on the matter!

Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using Avira.
hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
There has been an update to Studio. The error did not occur again on my end.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 18:24
Yes it seems all is well, Until next time Google make a massive breaking change!!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 19:31
Quote: "Yes it seems all is well, Until next time Google make a massive breaking change!!"

Google gave everyone tons of notice on this. Godot, Construct, Clickteam, Buildbox, GMS, and many other environments prepared for this as far back as 2019.
Every published developer got an email about it at the beginning of this year.

I don't see how you can blame this on Google.
LynxJSA's web games/quizzes - LynxJSA's Android apps
AGK Resource Directory
"Stick to a single main loop (DO...LOOP) and loop through it every frame.
Do everything inside functions.
Use finite state machines to control your game.
Use lots and lots of source files.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 20:27
Blame?, who said anything about blame, Google change it and TGC address it at the 11th hour its clear where the delay came from and when google change it again it will probably be the same process so like I said, all is well until a change is made!
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 20:43
Perhaps I missed something but what did google change and what does google have to do with exporting agk?
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

hosch
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2021 21:42 Edited at: 30th Sep 2021 21:44
The HTML5 export issue was not caused by Google, but some new issues have been introduced in an attempt to get AppGameKit ready for this.

Phaelax wrote: "
Perhaps I missed something but what did google change and what does google have to do with exporting agk
"

Google is enforcing their new app format (AAB) from November on for existing apps and from August on for newly submitted apps and moving away from APK. This requires adjustments on AppGameKit and TGC side, if we want to continue to publish on Play Store.

They gave notice ahead of time and TGC is admittedly late to the party, but I am pleased how this is handled now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:37:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:37:16