Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Setup game or app for multiple devices/ screens

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2021 16:22
Hi, I'm not sure how to go about setting a game let alone any app to be able to run it on any device/screen so that it uses the entire screen on all devices and you can see everything without struggling to see the on screen text or button text. What is the best way to set things up? Also what size images is best to use knowing that devices differ in screen size?

I have experimented with GetScreenBoundsLeft(), GetScreenBoundsTop(), GetScreenBoundsRight() and GetScreenBoundsBottom() some. Also GetDeviceWidth() and GetDeviceHeight() if I remember right. Any pointers would be appreciated
Gigabyte Board/ AMD 3.3 Ghtz Quad core/8GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX 8GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2021 16:41
Have you seen this?
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2021 17:10 Edited at: 30th Nov 2021 17:11
Quote: "Have you seen this?"

Have you seen this?, I'll take a look after work

Thank you for sharing it
Gigabyte Board/ AMD 3.3 Ghtz Quad core/8GB Ram/Nvidia Geforce 1080 GTX 8GB/1TB Western Dig. SSD/Windows 10 Home/Dark Basic Pro 9Ex

Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2021 03:07
I couldn't get the example code from the link to work on my Mac laptop, but does run on my Windows 10 pc. I will double check on my Mac to see if I set it up right.

Thank you, Scraggle

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:47:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:47:49