Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / 3D particles with FOG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2023 10:35 Edited at: 10th Jul 2023 10:37
Hi

It seems there is a bug with 3D particles and fog (we can see the 3D particles doesn't use the fog in the screenshot : )

AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2023 17:16
Yep this is true with the 3D particles, they will glow through the fog regardless. Ugly but could use multiple emitters tied to your fog distance.
Automation on Steam now!
Score Table Jr. on Google Play!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2023 18:33
Hve you tried SetObjectFogMode() with the particles?
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2023 09:48
Hi

Thank for your answers

Quote: "Hve you tried SetObjectFogMode() with the particles?"

I have tried and it doesn't work, I think SetObjectFogMode() doesn't work with AppGameKit 3D particle.
(If I create my own system of particles, of course, it works, but I would like to use the AppGameKit particle system)

Quote: "Ugly but could use multiple emitters tied to your fog distance"

Do you mean changing the transparency with fog distance for example ?

AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
jd_zoo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2023 23:20
Quote: "Do you mean changing the transparency with fog distance for example ?"

For example you can have a second emitter with the color set to match your fog. Then check the distance from the camera to the emitter and when it reaches the distance set with SetFogRange(125, 200) then you can "turn off" your regular emitter with Set3DParticlesMax(emitterID, 1) and "turn on" the fog emitter with Set3DParticlesMax(emitterID, -1). This method would allow the regular particles to dissipate and get replaced with fog so the effect may not be that bad (wasn't worth level of effort in my case.)

Just sucks to have that extra watcher but I believe the particles are generated via graphics chip so the engine may not have the ability to super-impose the fog over the particles.
Automation on Steam now!
Score Table Jr. on Google Play!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2023 00:15
Quote: "For example you can have a second emitter with the color set to match your fog. Then check the distance from the camera to the emitter and when it reaches the distance set with SetFogRange(125, 200) then you can "turn off" your regular emitter with Set3DParticlesMax(emitterID, 1) and "turn on" the fog emitter with Set3DParticlesMax(emitterID, -1). This method would allow the regular particles to dissipate and get replaced with fog so the effect may not be that bad (wasn't worth level of effort in my case.)"

Very clever!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 23:38:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 23:38:15