Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / HTML5 and Window Setup for mobile support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2024 20:33
Hi all,

Just a quick query

What's the best settings for viewing on a mobile device with regards to the following :

DESK_W is 600
DESK_H is 1024

( it's runnig on a small LCD in portrait mode )

Cheers!
Bogle
Years of Service
User Offline
SetScissor is only useful if you need to support multiple screen sizes and don't want black bars on the sides of the screen. You can omit it if that doesn't apply, or if black bars are fine. I haven't done much with html5 so maybe someone else can tell you whether that function interacts with the html canvas size. I don't think it does.

SetWindowAllowResize I think only applies to desktop windows so you can omit that one if you want.

If you are designing for portrait mode use SetOrientationAllowed( 1, 1, 0, 0 ) to forbid landscape mode. Again I don't know how that function works within a webpage. Probably doesn't, and no one would be able to enter landscape mode anyways.
Yeshu777
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2024 23:36
Hi Thanks for the reply,

I think it's more down to the "page" settings on itch.io

Having experimented I've managed to get to best I could, but it still seems to offset to the right.

Thanks again,

Yeshu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 19:20:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 19:20:44