Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / XENOSPHERE - Alienware entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 20:03 Edited at: 8th Jan 2004 21:59
Here is my Alienware entry.

I got a job for the holidays so I didn't have as much time to work on it as I was planning to. Keep this in mind if you decide to post a comment.

http://www.overdroid.com/pages/xenogame.html

"If you want an audience, start a fight."
- Gaelic Proverb
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 20:31
Not bad at all. Shame there are no sound effects but at least the music is pretty funky.

Boo!
Overdroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2004 21:56 Edited at: 8th Jan 2004 21:59
Thanks Spooky,
Yep - no time to put sounds in. Also I forgot to put in the alienware logo, which I'm sure technically disqualifies me from winning any prizes. But considering the work that went into some of the other games I think that is a moot point.

- Gaelic Proverb
Overdroid
Years of Service
User Offline
And by the previous post I mean that there are some games out there that really knocked my socks off - Roomwar comes to mind. Really well done and an original idea to boot.

I wish I had had more time to work on Xenosphere. Although it's not bad for a week of work and two all-nighters, and I can use the engine for another game I wanted to make.

I did want to know if anyone with higher system specs (1.5 Ghz processor and 64Mb video card or more) found that there were any issues with the game running too fast. I put some code in so it should play at the same rate regardless of speed (although I did notice it running a little slow and jerky on lower end systems), but I never got a chance to test it on a faster box.

- Gaelic Proverb
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 12:21
I tested on my laptop which has P4 2.53 Ghz and Radeon 9000 graphics with its own 64mb ram. Game runs at perfect speed.

Boo!
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2004 14:51
very cool concept, and well-implemented! I also wish there were sound-effects....

overall, nice graphics, fun concept, and seemingle bug-free!

great!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!
Overdroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Spooky - Cool. Thanks. I can re-use the speed consistency code in other projects. By the way I downloaded Abducted and played it for quite a while. I hope you finish it. I especially like the way a little flying saucer beams the aliens down onto the planet surface (great minds think alike ).

Walaber - Thanks for the feedback. I wish there were sound effects too, but due to last minute considerations blah blah blah. You know the spiel.

- Gaelic Proverb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:31:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:31:08