Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Return to Phobos updated!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 18th Jan 2004 19:36
Return to Phobos was the original name, and now it's back with some changes. Probably not as impressive as what Cliff Mellengard made out of it, but it has been requested by a few users here. I didn't include the editor with this release, but if it's needed bad enough, please post about it below and I'll upload it too.

The name has been changed to Omicron Alpha and the images and sounds have been changed to avoid copyright infringement.

I also recoded most of it to run better and smoother, with a much better framerate. It's also at 1024x768x32 resolution now. There's also a boss to fight after all the other enemies have been destroyed.

May post some screens later, for now here is Omicron Alpha with the source code:
http://www.xeridox.com/Omicron.zip
It's 4.54 MB in size

Enjoy!

Darin Snow
Xeridox Entertainment Group
Please visit our website for regular updates!
WoW is WOW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 05:06
so cliff mellengard made an updated one?
Can you tell me were to get that so i can compare.
Great work liked it better than the original.
Rpg_freak.
Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 20th Jan 2004 12:39
Yeah Cliff posted about it on down
http://thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22788&b=5
and I must say the graphics and nice menu really whooped Phobos and Omicron both. For a beginning coder, he's really good and got great potential, not to forget how good of a texture artist he is.

Hey Cliff, just exactly what u use to make those textures with anyway???!!! I can't seem to find a program quite that awesome.

Cheers,

Darin Snow
Xeridox Entertainment Group
Please visit our website for regular updates!
Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 00:45 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2004 00:47
hi xeridox i use paint shop pro 7 mainly when doing them but also corel photo paint 8.
mostly do i paint an simple and rough base and then putting real surface photos as layers to get the right look on them.
its hard to explain as i have bin doing it for so long that it goes bye it self if iam motivated for an texture.
the hard part is to get the ideas for an texture.

1GHZ AMD ATHLON WITH AN GEFORCE 4 TITANIUM 4600 AND 512 MB SDRAM.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 22:19:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 22:19:53