Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Anyone played ASCENDER(my Alienware entry)?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 14:23 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2004 14:46
Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone has played my game "Ascender" & if so would you mind giving me some feedback?
No so interested in hearing about the graphics, want your comments on other areas like gameplay/bugs/addictiveness/music etc.

If I can ever afford DBPro I wouldnt mind making a polished version with improved graphics & a better combat system.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=200
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 14:37
I think the game is really good and impressed by the originality of the whole thing. I have never seen a game like it in my life! How on Earth did you come up with the idea?

The biggest downside however is the swinging action because it is far too easy to die because timing is nigh on impossible.

I am glad you did a full blown tutorial as there is a lot to take in and a lot of movements to master.

I have not had much time to play it yet but I will give it a full play over the weekend.

Boo!
K1W1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2004 15:10
Thanks for the comments, Spooky.

The basic concept of the game was (very) loosely based on Impossible Mission for the C64.
Also, as use of the alien was one of the judging points, I figured making it as active as possible was a good idea (i.e lots of climbing, kicking & jumping).

I found the jumping difficult at first, too, so was going to make the margin for error more "forgiving", but after practising a bit, I found I could jump with quite a bit of accuracy. If you have time to play it a bit more, you might find the same thing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:28:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:28:58