Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / File:Snatcher Internet Movie & Music Streaming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've launched the beta version 1.1 of File:Snatcher on my website. It's written in DarkBasicPro and uses many of the native windows dll's to drive it.

[href]http://www.filesnatcher.com[href]

File:Snatcher is a strange little utility that lets you search, watch and stream movies, music and any other files from link farm websites or file list sites, direct to your pc without ever having to launch a browser or visit the website.

Basically, if you visit a regular linkfarm site (for example a website that contains direct links to daily fonts, movie clips or music) then this utility will allow you to safely download the files from the 'genuine' links these pages advertise, and "experience" them in a single continous stream, while avoiding all the dead links, pop-ups, spyware and other junk they often try and highjack your pc with.

How it works:

You feed it a list of linkfarm sites into the database e.g. http://www.dailylinkfarmmovies.com/main.html then perform a search for links (leaving the search blank returns all files), then perform a search for files on these links, and press play and sit back and watch or listen to a continous stream of safe content.

This program still has a fair few kinks to work out (including a better help file), and has now been in development for over a year, but I'm making progress, and I've had some great results from it. Recently I fed it a list of font archive pages (e.g. \fontsA.html,\fontsB.html,...) and I streamed their entire archive to my PC in under 30 minutes. Over 4400 fonts.

Have fun and experiment with it. If you CAN get to grips with the funky interface then it CAN prodce some great results.

If you read the included help file you'll find full instructions, a tutorial and a list of known bugs and please let me know if it works for you. I'm sure its gonna do some strange things but I need feedback to help finish this.

Thanks

AsylumHunter
[/href]www.leadartist.com[href]
Sam Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 13:54
Sorry, but it's very unuseful I think, I was trying and I got 0 results always, I'm wasting more time looking for links than getting results, so I preffer google.com or something like, or maybe I don't know how to use it correctly
Aslyum
Years of Service
User Offline
File:Snatcher is not a replacement for google . It's a batch media viewer that is designed for linkfarms and files sites. It also protects your pc from pop-ups and other adware etc while only grabbing the stuff you want to download or watch (in a continuous stream). So you no longer have to 'load' or view every page in your browser and be subjected to all that internet cr*p while you browse the linkfarms.

e.g. If you know of a suitable linkfarm (a webpage full of links where each link takes you to another page, and on those pages the movies/music/fonts etc can be downloaded/viewed) then file:snatcher reduces all the clicking back and forward, and filters out dead links and returns ALL the files from ALL of those links for you to then view with a single click. You can add as many linkfarm links to the database as you want so increasing your file found results substantially.

You need to feed the database with URLs that fit the linkfarm method.

And over time, you'll build up your database of link farm sites with content you can return to time and again.

As I said, it's a strange little utility, and a different approach to browsing, but it is 100% safe - These link farm sites are usually splattered with pop-up, redirecting mania, and file:snatcher protects your pc from them, letting you browse at a much lower level.
Sam Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2004 00:11
I tried with differents links, and I got 0 results always, would be great if the program comes with a example database, or a list autoupdate as a edonkey servers, etc ... so It's very bored go to search webpages for get good adresses to work well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:44:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:44:09