Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Any feedback on my 2d level editor demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
if anyone download the 2d level editor demo can you give me some feedback please

You can do it if you try
tayete
Years of Service
User Offline
It is quite nice, but somehow it lacks some kind of quick info for the designer. I mean, you don't know if you have created a ladder or an obstacle, and the "next"-"prev" tile system is a bit uncomfortable. I use to have maps with hundreds of tiles, and in that way it is really boring having to go from the first to one in the middle. And doing it via the main bitmap is uncomfortable too...

Well, those are the criticisms. On the other hand I would say it is really useful and covers most of the 2D-platformstyle games. Those who haven't tried it yet, should take a look at it.

Years of Service
User Offline
you gan just click tile to select a new one also i have added a lot more to it after the demo you can even add to menu your keyword

You can do it if you try
spygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
I like it, may use it after I create my FPS tutorial. Keep it up!

I trying to be a moderator. I'm nice and cool 24/7.
Red general
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 13:41
Its very good, but its not exactly user friendly in someplaces - seems rather "clunky". I am currently working on a GUI that includes buttons, windows, listboxes, scroll bars, menu bar etc., and takes little FPS (on mine between 5-20). I would be willing to donate it to this project.

Could it be possible for you to release both the code of the editor, and something to test the map in, e.g. some little platformer.

This is a good editor and should do well

RED GENERAL

My computer melts regulary - perhaps it likes being fondue
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
where can i download this looking for a easy way to make levels for a little 2d game im making. or if anyone knows of a good tile based level editor

The search continues.
Phillip
Years of Service
User Offline
I think is real cool. One question, Will it be able to handel animated Gifs?
X_MEN
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i will be doing a verson 2 in dbp sometime that is one thing i can add to it but verson 1.0 is ready post it soon

You can do it if you try

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 02:55:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 02:55:50