Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2D map maker...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
CAn anyone help me build one of these for my game? I don't want you to tell me exactly how it's done, I just need some help working out my problems. One of the biggest ones I have right now is as follows:

I have a map array that it's reading. Basically it goes like this:

and then at the bottom of my code I have the array, I'm not going to post that. Now then, how do I make it read that from a file? It's all going to be in the data format, you know, data 1,1,1,1,1 so on and so forth, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to read it from a file and then write the map to the screen. And, if you have the time, could you tell me how to do multiple maps? I think I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will work...
Prep
Years of Service
User Offline
If you haven't already, the post right below this one ("2d help") may contain the exact info your after, at least if not might give you some thoughts.

I'm just off for a bit of a kip now, if you have any questions unanwsered by the above mentioned thread, i'll try and give some advice tomorrow.

To be no more, sad cure.
Izzy545
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I found out how to do it and am building myself a level editor for my game now

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:22:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:22:26