Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / new physics update for db mmog

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 07:26
g'day guys me again, ii just had a burst of inspiration this morning and came up with a whole load of stuff to do with the physics of combat in the mmog. I will give you a better description later filled with diagrams etc but i will do an overview now:

ballistics:
pretty much going to be usingthe half life cone of fire method for accuracy, and levelling up in archery (or what ever ballistic weapon skill you want) will reduce the circle base of the cone untill full level where it is just a bit more than a straight cylinder.(for those of you who can't follow check back for my diagram later)

melee: well havent actually set this up yet, but im thinking of either going the move keys to move sword in different positions or just having the click swing method. will put up diagrams and designs for each of these later so you guys can choose.

systems:
ok earlier i was talking about the "star gate" linking to different maps. well i've expanded on this by making two versions of the game (released to public anyway) basically one is the player client adn the other is the world client. What this means is that you run one program to control your character and interact with the worlds you traverse, where as the world client lets you design and run your own world that is linked to one of the other system worlds run by the server. basically its an world editor, but you run it and upload the link to your computer to our servers, then anyone who connects to your world connect directly to your machine as it becomes a server (this method should free up some stress on our server machines as they are only running the base maps.) anyway enough of that for now i will write up a doc covering all aspects of that method too.

models:
ok here is a thought, if van b can giv3e us the specs of the xyz co-ords (height length etc) of the player models he made, we can base them as the average player height, then i can say to everyone here are the height specs etc make your own players if you want if not use ours and customize them. but basically i will run a big model drive if i can get teh specs of van b. now iw ill include some kinda legal clause saying that we wont use your models you send or give them to others if some of you would be worried about that, basically we just need your player models to test them in teh game to make sure they work.

anyway i've forgotten the rest of the things i wanted to say so best i get working on typing up all the other stuff i can remember before its too late. post back soon.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 08:00
update ok i wrote up what i could remember from earlier, here is the zip, if it doesnt work i will have to send the files as differnet links. btu try this anyway

http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/unpotkf/gamesetup.zip

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2004 15:42
uh, you guys can comment ya know. sorry there are no glitzy pictures this time, i havent had time to build a 3d model what with school and all.

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Well sounds like its coming along good luck anyway.

[href]www.vapournet.com/~flyer[/href]
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2004 01:06

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:39:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:39:26